PAST Tennessee GTG @ Mastermind's

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stihlbro had a good idea about setting some sort of schedule for the different events. @Hedgerow is also pretty experienced with these GTG things. I'm gonna be pulled in a hundred directions at once I imagine, so I'm hoping these two guys can take care of the racing and stuff.

I have a crowd to feed. lol
Probably a good idea to try to do the time consuming stuff like the chain build in the morning.

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All of you really coming to play with saws? I just like bringing my son and setting him lose to destroy someone else's property. Heck, if it gets really cold and wet (HA!) we can get real cozy in Randy's shop, that would make for some awkward conversations. Randy, for those who don't know where you are at, close to the date you should screen shot a pic from google maps and draw the area for parking and such, it'll help the mouth breathers and knuckle draggers!

Mr Awesome

I may be different and wear my WWS t-shirt.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All of you really coming to play with saws? I just like bringing my son and setting him lose to destroy someone else's property. Heck, if it gets really cold and wet (HA!) we can get real cozy in Randy's shop, that would make for some awkward conversations. Randy, for those who don't know where you are at, close to the date you should screen shot a pic from google maps and draw the area for parking and such, it'll help the mouth breathers and knuckle draggers!

Mr Awesome

I may be different and wear my WWS t-shirt.

Good idea on the Google map thing Shea.

Bad idea on letting a bunch of guys into my little shop/shed. No room for that. lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably a good idea to try to do the time consuming stuff like the chain build in the morning.

Hopefully a few of us can sit around the fire Friday and figure all this out in time to post it so everyone knows what is happening, and when.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully a few of us can sit around the fire Friday and figure all this out in time to post it so everyone knows what is happening, and when.
Yep. I hope to be able to come and stay Friday night down there. No need to drive 3 hours each way twice.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al, 45 dollar flights from Newark to Knoxville. There are two or three car rental companies right in the airport and I can tell you from experience they are soooper cheap. Knox isn't but 2 hours from Jamestown, darn pretty drive man and where Randy and his Family are man there's no place around that's quieter at night. You'd honestly have no reason not to be there.

Everyone else, man we've made this 14-plus hour drive from CT to Sparta TN - about an hour south of Jamestown - so many times the car knows the way. I wanna tell ya, it's worth the trip. All of it. And realistically, it's only little over a half a days' drive.

Randy if your big wood plans fall through, that monster is still laying down in the bottom. There's a neighbor - friendly - who cut and rolled the side fields earlier this year and has a construction excavation company. I can't see why he wouldn't pick what you buck up and run it up the hill to get on your trailer. It's an option.

@Mastermind

Monster?

Due Tail

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been down a few years.....and is over an hour away. We can arrange something simpler.

You da boss.

In the mean time, what kinda big Ol saws you got on the shelf to compare my lowly 2 to?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would it be possible to run the chains Friday afternoon?
How many are there?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would it be possible to run the chains Friday afternoon?
How many are there?
I had thought of that. Might be best to do that and if there's stragglers for Saturday when others show up we can finish them up. That sounds like a plan to me if there's no objections.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had thought of that. Might be best to do that and if there's stragglers for Saturday when others show up we can finish them up. That sounds like a plan to me if there's no objections.
I just know how busy things can get at big GTG's.
Lotsa BS'ing to be done and distractions are everywhere.
And my attention span is that of a poorly trained dog.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think now is a good time to discuss some detailed plans for this event. When you have this many people showing up and traveling from multiple states, I think a schedule of Friday and Saturday would be a benefit.

I'm not sure on the chain race but setting it up for Friday afternoon sounds like a great idea. What wood is being used? What power head?

What is everyone's thoughts for making attentive schedule for Saturday? We got some racing to do, food to eat, general sawing, sounds like some sac kicking and what else?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think now is a good time to discuss some detailed plans for this event. When you have this many people showing up and traveling from multiple states, I think a schedule of Friday and Saturday would be a benefit.

I'm not sure on the chain race but setting it up for Friday afternoon sounds like a great idea. What wood is being used? What power head?

What is everyone's thoughts for making attentive schedule for Saturday? We got some racing to do, food to eat, general sawing, sounds like some sac kicking and what else?
There's the 83 dl of 404 and 72 dl of 3/8". Seems like most were interested in the 404 and it's going to take the most time swapping a bunch of chains around and it's in 4 cants at once. Ported 395 for the 404 and Solo 7910 for the 72 dl. Poplar hopefully or it will all be pine.