Tell me a joke.....

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe that's also called an application of Murphy's Law.

This just happened to me. I gave away my Echo CS-4500 to a friendly company who did a fine job working to help eradicate a tree in my front yard. The very next day I received an offer for $250 for that saw. I never dreamed it was worth more than $150.

But, something nice did happen. I did some small restoration work worth about $60 on a Stihl 500i and the owner was flat broke. He offered me instead what he thought was a non-running Stihl 025 (red control switch and two collar screws on board). A little dirty with the carb out of adjustment, I cleaned it up, tuned it up, sharpened the chain, and got it running without a hitch. Compression is excellent, maybe 10 years younger than the Echo but not a professional saw. Regardless, I'm keeping it for a while, especially for light work.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was a little kid, attending day camp, my counselor told us a scary story from the TV show ‘The Twilight Zone’.

About 50 years later (!!!) I was flipping through channels, AND THERE IT WAS!!!

Can’t count on that every day, though

Philbert

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Philbert, she's better than our local weather teams. Last week we had a severe thunderstorm at 7:00 am that produced 1.2" of heavy rain that came down in sheets, 70 mph winds, knocked down trees, and it lasted for over an hour. Not one local weather person forecasted it and neither did the newspaper that was delivered two hours before the storm hit. They all said sun and clouds all morning and the sun failed to come out until late in the afternoon.

What a joke!

Last edited: