High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

stihl's mtronic

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
But if the flywheel triggers firing and fuel pulse, wouldn't advancing the timing also advance fuel delivery ? Which I think would cause a lot of issues if you went too far.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if the flywheel triggers firing and fuel pulse, wouldn't advancing the timing also advance fuel delivery ? Which I think would cause a lot of issues if you went too far.

The fuel is not a pulse. It's a setting on the carb, just like a standard carb. It's not an injector. It modulates based on rpm feedback. Timing is preset I'm pretty sure. Advancing it only effects timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What has to be done to a 201t m tronic to make it standard non m tronic???

Flywheel, carb, ignition??

Anything else??

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kevin, how do you cut anything with that thing having wheels at either end....and is the "chain" square ground or round ? :motorino:

Round .......??????
Whats round ????

The KX is brutal ............... better than any worked 250 I ever rode, and its basically stock, just a few externals like adjustable hinged handles and aluminum skid plate.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I notice with ported 661's that they will over time slow themselves down and need reset to get max power back.
Like it's trying to save it self.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There can be a temp sensor in the coil or the solenoid or both. Or can measure the ohms in the wiring which should increase as the saw heats up the wiring.

The advance curve I see as being fixed as well. If it's from 25-30* stock, it will be 30-35* If you advance the key 5*.

But timing affects heat and rpm, so the algorithm they use certainly may be elegant enough to indirecly deal with many changes it wasn't directly designed to do because of the integral relationship many variables have on rpm and heat.

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lets discuss how it works.

there are 2 sets of magnets on the flywheel.
there is a processor in the coil that does a few things.
it works as a tripper to collapse a magnetic field in the primary windings that produce a high voltage pulse to the spark plug. this has to happen at the right time.
it also send a signal to the carb to supply fuel.

lets look at the magnets on the flywheel. 2 sets, 180 degrees apart. one set has a poll arrangement north- south, the other set is south-north. the processor reads the magnetic fields. the system does not spark twice, or feed fuel twice per revolution of the flywheel.

the only information given to the processor is flywheel rpm. so it has to simple and "fixed",

ign timing is advanced at a "fixed" rpm somewhere between 5&7 thousand rpm. If I remember right.

I feel that the fuel delivery side of the processor is "fixed" as well. it delivers a "fixed" amount of fuel at a given rpm. it also floods the engine when it gets over a "fixed" rpm.

I don't see how the system can "learn" when the only info it is given is rpm.
Completely incorrect...

You didn't use the terms "thingy" or "what-cha-ma-call-it" or "do-dad"... SMH

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know what saw/coil, etc this is from??? And, is it different for each saw?

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What then is the difference between M-tronics and Autotune? I have both and the Stihl seems to adjust better.
Main things I've come across have been that the AT is a normally closed solenoid and the brains to the AT is on the carb. Stihl M-tronic is normally open and brains is in the "controller" or know by the rest of the world as an ignition module.