Trains

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Chaps,

Im slowly rebuilding a basket case 661, going to take a bit longer now ive discovered US postal service is not sending things to Australia at the moment.
So much for getting a muffler for it before Christmas, and plastics etc, but anyway.

Im after the crank seal seating depth for flywheel side, and the clutch side too, but that appears to be set flush on the bearing, but appreciate confirmation on that.

If anyone can help with the seated depth of the flywheel side, that would be appreciated.

I think someone has been into this before me, the crank seal on the clutch side was not fitted squarely, and if they did it that bad, I can only assume that they have dragged the seal over the circlip recess and further damaged the internal seal whilst being installed.

Have not press vaced it yet, due to missing muffler and bolts etc, still going over it to see whats required, and see the story it has to tell.

Thanks in advance.

T

If any aussies have a squashed or damaged 661 with a can intact, and or other bits available, im interested.

Creaky limb tree care

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi, I had the same problem working out the depth of the seal, as long as it just clears the flywheel by a few thou when it's tightened down snug you will be ok, I have done this on two 661s now without any comebacks!