High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl 075 - Complete Rebuild, Performance Mods

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, I like them bad boys too, I currently have 2 075's, 2 076 supers and a regular 076.
Have had others that i sold. One thing i know is they can vary meaning one might be a
great runner and the next a turd. Have had a couple that would vibrate themselves out
the door while others are pretty smooth. they are cool saws a great big wood and milling
saws. Not fast like the 084, 088, ms880 but still a great torque monster at 111cc's.

Good luck Scott on your build.
I never ran one that was smooth or remotely close :(

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I like them bad boys too, I currently have 2 075's, 2 076 supers and a regular 076.
Have had others that i sold. One thing i know is they can vary meaning one might be a
great runner and the next a turd. Have had a couple that would vibrate themselves out
the door while others are pretty smooth. they are cool saws a great big wood and milling
saws. Not fast like the 084, 088, ms880 but still a great torque monster at 111cc's.

Good luck Scott on your build.

Gotta agree with you, Lee. They are indeed cool saws, can still find complete projects for reasonable $, and parts are fairly easy to find, too.

Speaking of parts, about the only thing that I can't find are the full wrap specific bits - the PTO side mount and associated AV. If anyone has spares, please let me know - handlebar support is 1111 791 1907 and the AV rubber is 1111 799 0500.

Thanks

Scott

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta agree with you, Lee. They are indeed cool saws, can still find complete projects for reasonable $, and parts are fairly easy to find, too.

Speaking of parts, about the only thing that I can't find are the full wrap specific bits - the PTO side mount and associated AV. If anyone has spares, please let me know - handlebar support is 1111 791 1907 and the AV rubber is 1111 799 0500.

Thanks

Scott

Good luck on those parts Scott, They have been obsolete for years.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good luck on those parts Scott, They have been obsolete for years.

Yeah, I know Lee. I think I can find an off the shelf piece that will work for the AV. I need to get some measurements on the bar mount so I can get a quote on getting some made.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, we had a bit of weather here in Texas. Power was off and on for a few days and garage was freezing, so I haven't gotten anything done in several days.
IMG_5280.jpg
On top of that, I got a box of junk from Oregon - some Stihl parts and two Jonsereds 80's that were completely wasted. Finished disassembling those and harvesting what little I could use off of them.

In the meantime, my eBay 075/076 case showed up. It's serial number 4354410 and it's in pretty good condition. Given the serial number re-start in 1977, I'm guessing this saw was produced in January 1978, give or take a month or two. That would put it 4 years later than the damaged case that I'm going to toss -- SN 8295359 -- June 1974. I compared the two and can only see minor differences from a visual comparison.

IMG_5322.jpg

I also got a shipment of NOS 1111 gaskets (2 complete sets) in from Australia. I think I paid about $45 each + shipping. Not cheap, but I certainly prefer this to aftermarket bits.

I'll split the cases on both saws tomorrow, harvest what I can from the damaged case halves, and start reassembly.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only needs a piston and 100$ worth of bearings and seals

If you need crank bearings, be prepared for sticker shock unless you go with aftermarket. There's only one set of OEM on eBay and they're $75 for the set.

Anyone have a good part number for SKF or similar?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If you need crank bearings, be prepared for sticker shock unless you go with aftermarket. There's only one set of OEM on eBay and they're $75 for the set.

That should cross over to 63 or 64 type bearings... I forgot off the top of my head. Ask you bearings and seal dealer. Going wider or a bit narrow can work. You might need a shim is you go narrow to keep the crank on center. Wider bearings in small stuff never works but bigger equipment can have more room to back out a seal some without hitting moving parts. You need about 0.005 clearance to be sure.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pretty sure they’re just a standard bearing number snd they are 40$ each at the dealer. They have a set someone ordered and never picked up. The ones in the box are skf.