Trader history (0)

usedsmallenginedepot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got 7 slant fin cylinders, 6 MAHLE, 1 KS, two need a little love, 5 are in good shape.

They’re listed on my eBay store which is my username.

I’ll be listing tons of 044 parts over the next week or two, cylinders, top covers, air filter covers and clutch covers have been listed.

I’ve got a few 10mm crankcases, not many good tank/handles. Let me know what you need!

10 percent off of my eBay prices plus free shipping for any OPE members.

usedsmallenginedepot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Listed 8 cylinders about 2 hours ago, 2 have sold. Probably going to sell out in a day or two.

usedsmallenginedepot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Appreciate the purchases guys! If anyone in the future wants parts, check them out on my ebay store then send me a message either here or on ebay. I'd like to honor the 10 percent discount but that would require the transaction to take place over PayPal or Venmo as the fees are just too high on ebay. Once I receive a message, I'll remove the item from my store and prepare it for shipping. I will also offer deeper discounts for multiple items.

usedsmallenginedepot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found one more good slant fin today, out of 9 that I listed last night, only 2 remain.

LS50713

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 044 that I bought new in 87 Cut a 180 cords of wood with it and it never let me down.
Then I switched over to the dark side and got a 371XP, If I had to choose between the the 2 I would lean more towards the Stihl for reliabilty, As for all day comfort the Husky is way smoother with less Vibration.
I'm getting old but my next saw will be a 500i Stihl, they are wicked!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For sure, I never knew that, I’ve never had any early 044’s come through my shop. I assume the 10mm crankcases will go fast too.

There's a guy in central California that runs tree service/ROW crews on contract with three of the electrical utilities there.

He has about 100 employees and the only ground saws they run are 044s. A few years ago, he cleaned me out of about
$2k worth of 044 stuff. He took everything I had. He told me he has a standing order for all the running units I could find.

usedsmallenginedepot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a guy in central California that runs tree service/ROW crews on contract with three of the electrical utilities there.

He has about 100 employees and the only ground saws they run are 044s. A few years ago, he cleaned me out of about
$2k worth of 044 stuff. He took everything I had. He told me he has a standing order for all the running units I could find.
If he needs parts, send him my way!

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm glad I found ya, got me the reminder of parts I need to finish up my next red lever build.....

It's crazy how hard-to-find the early 044 stuff is (in good shape) and how fast it goes, but once you see how well those early units can run its not surprising. The red lever I recently built has quickly become my go-to unit. Everyone that runs it loves it....

usedsmallenginedepot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m seeing how desirable and hard to find this stuff is. It may be the only time I ever find this amount of earlier, desirable saws. Appreciate the purchases, I’ll be listing more over the next few weeks. Still have 10 or so to tear down.