So does anyone fish or just nah???

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the last rod seems to carry a fairly heavy line rating, 30-65lb test. Do you play the fish or just skull-drag them away from snags and whatnot?
Most musky guys use heavy braided line . Most guys don't play the fish in warm weather because it's hard on the fish and they don't release as well . The heavy line also helps with snags . Musky lures are pricey . I have not lost a lure in several years .

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you, I will check them out.
The rods have a very fast action that helps with hook sets . St Croix customer service is second to none . Between my brother , my kids and I we probably have 30 St Croix rods . We have broke rod guides by stepping on them in the boats . St Croix has been excellent to repair rods . First class company in my mind !

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rods have a very fast action that helps with hook sets . St Croix customer service is second to none . Between my brother , my kids and I we probably have 30 St Croix rods . We have broke rod guides by stepping on them in the boats . St Croix has been excellent to repair rods . First class company in my mind !
Yeah. They’re my fav. Mine get beat up on the boat. Never had an issue with warranty

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a decent day on what I consider "first" ice in Northern lower Michigan! Biggest crappie was just under 11"
2fb88ef0f40a180384ac29ed067f4da1.jpg
b07dfc8fa61e88ee3b4708b8f2fbba9c.jpg
25d212579c708fc7e011c1189c15145d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright so this I’ve fishing stuff is messing me up a little. Is the bite slower than usual. I figure I can fish when it’s cold out and catch if y’all can. Just throwing cut bait at them or what’s the secret

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright so this I’ve fishing stuff is messing me up a little. Is the bite slower than usual. I figure I can fish when it’s cold out and catch if y’all can. Just throwing cut bait at them or what’s the secret

It definitely can be if you are not on the fish.
Some of my favorites for panfish are a 3mm tungsten jig, #12 mud bug or gill getter, slender spoon, or shucks or hali with a chain. I load them all with maggots (red or white) and pretty much constantly jig. Tease them and work it up, make them chase it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It definitely can be if you are not on the fish.
Some of my favorites for panfish are a 3mm tungsten jig, #12 mud bug or gill getter, slender spoon, or shucks or hali with a chain. I load them all with maggots (red or white) and pretty much constantly jig. Tease them and work it up, make them chase it.
May have to try some cold weather freshwater. You stay after them all year?

Flint Mitch

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mostly use various size tungsten jigs tipped with wax worms. A foot or 3 above the bottom and work it a little.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20211224_070246(1).jpg
I'm just fishing brush piles with two 1/16th oz jigs and bobby garland baby shad right now. Nothing special since I'm also fishing soft water. Watch the graph and see if anything moves around the jigs. If not, try a different color or pile.

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try to, not as much as I used to though. Walleye, musky, and panfish. I just don't know where the time goes these days. Haven't been out on ice yet this year, but hopefully soon. -15°F this weekend and I prefer to fish outside instead of the shack so hopefully some better days will come too.

jake-e-boy

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Summer run steelhead off Columbia river on OR/WA border, intact adipose (wild fish) so they both went swimming back. Honestly not great eating but decent for smoker when ya can find a hatchery fish to bonk. Most my meat fish is salmon and walleye though, so thankful for the walleye