So does anyone fish or just nah???

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Firetiger pattern too was on half of the lines. There was a big walleye tournament out there too so it was busy

For all of you warm blooded guys, it was an air temp of 38 degrees when we launched. water temp was 57 warming to 60. very windy and choppy. Good time thoughIMG_3746.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3746.JPG
    IMG_3746.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 3

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's bout the weather and setup I use rockfish ing Seems the big boys make you come out when it's cold. I literally had saltwater freeze into snow slop on my boat early this February. No dice that day. Was 8 degree f that morning. I wore a scarf and a snow parka. Wind was calm so actually wasn't that bad. Had a set op damned hunting boots on. Only thing that got cold was my feet. My motor controls were froze. Had to dump buckets of sea water to thaw them out. Getting close to the time to go again soon

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not that hardcore. Very cool though. I've never fished saltwater so I have to look up all of these fish you guys talk about.

I'd like to go to the other extreme and hit Kentucky for some March musky fishing.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's cool. I can relate. Last weekend I spent $8 per sucker and they just floated around and I didn't even get a hit on one. Something like this but I run a big single hook in the upper mouth and s much larger treble in the skin by the dorsal fin IMG_3747.JPG we can only run them in the fall when the water cools. Have to be careful because you don't want the musky to swallow the hooks too deep. I'm catch and release for musky

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thought that was a bunch of spiny water fleas. A Great Lakes invasive species. IMG_3763.JPG

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been years since I was there. Next year may go at end of Sept. with a guy from work. Need to make my dad go and do this at least once. 4 or 5 day trip. Brother lived in green bay for about 5 years.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably be able to catch them off the piers and breakwaters shortly.

I also want to try up there in the spring for smallies and walleyes.

The smallies love pumpkin and purple tube baits because of all the gobbies up there. I'm trying Door County this summer for them.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been years since I was there. Next year may go at end of Sept. with a guy from work. Need to make my dad go and do this at least once. 4 or 5 day trip. Brother lived in green bay for about 5 years.
That'd be awesome for this Ga boy to get on some fish like that. We wear out the bass, bream, crappie, and catfish around these parts...to no end. Be cool as hell to get on some big salmon, trout, otherwise.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That'd be awesome for this Ga boy to get on some fish like that. We wear out the bass, bream, crappie, and catfish around these parts...to no end. Be cool as hell to get on some big salmon, trout, otherwise.

IMG_2361.JPG IMG_3614.JPG

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last of March/first of April. I usually take a week off to fish and work on farm stuff.20150414_154115.jpg

Dingeryote

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any of you guys on the other side of the pond seeing the run yet?

This fall has been Batcrap crazy with the weather and water temps.
The Salmon are still half stacked up around 60-80', and they have made a couple short runs into the basin of the river, but have been gone within 6-8 hours...and NOT upstream.

It's Maddening as hell so far. Steelheader buddy's are texting back and forth with me, when they are marking fish 50 yds. in front of me in 20' of water, and then nothing all the way up river to the docks....and not a bump on spawn or spoons.

Oct%2016%20058_1.jpg

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little food for thought if ya wanna build a pretty inexpensive deal to strain your oil you cook in. I fry fish/oysters/etc in nothing but LouAna peanut oil, been buying nothing but for 30 yrs or better...usually runs $26-$30 for a three gal jug...and I run through many gallons a year doing the fish fry thing.

Made it outta scrap lumber laying around in the shop, 2' piece of 3/8" all-thread, 4 nuts, 4 fender washers. When the funnel is sitting in its jig-sawed hole on top, I use binder clips to hold a couple of 12" square or round, doubled up piece of decent grade cheese cloth clipped to the funnel rim, to strain through. If ya gotta buy cheese cloth, pay a few bucks more, get 90 Grade. 90 Grade will catch everything regardless of how small. Some of that junk cheese cloth they sell out there, you'd be better off trying to strain through a tennis racket...might as well not even strain it, pour it right back in the jug until you get near the bottom of the oil and chunk the rest. You'd be amazed how much stuff in oil that gravity doesn't get and settle to the bottom after the oil cools off.

Anyhoo...with the 2' piece of all-thread you can adjust the funnel height/top piece of plywood to accommodate any 1-3 gal size jugs or otherwise.
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG