Saw wont run more than 10 seconds

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Replace the carb because it's shot unless TheWizard hit the nail on the head in post #20. Try his solution first. Sometimes that's called a carb strainer. I have done that many times with success. If clogged, the engine will start and run for awhile and then shut down. Just MHO (and his).

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
2:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can be nozzle check valve. That will allow air to enter wet side during idle instead of it pulling fuel. Doubt it though, as your wet side gets fuel.

That should not cause it to stall if you squeeze the trigger.

Your metering area is filling with fuel and then running out. Can be tank vent, filter, line, impulse, pump diaphragm, screen, needle, seat, spring or lever. Any of the above.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. BIG duh here. Been rebuilding saw carbs for over 20 years. Dont know how or why i installed the fuel pump gasket against the carb with the diaphragm on top but just shows to go ya that things need to go where they sposed to. i can only guess thats how it was when i got it and i just followed what i saw. Definitely feel like a DA but extremely glad its fixed. Now it can move down the road. Much thanks to all for trying to help me. Yall rock

TheWizard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. BIG duh here. Been rebuilding saw carbs for over 20 years. Dont know how or why i installed the fuel pump gasket against the carb with the diaphragm on top but just shows to go ya that things need to go where they sposed to. i can only guess thats how it was when i got it and i just followed what i saw. Definitely feel like a DA but extremely glad its fixed. Now it can move down the road. Much thanks to all for trying to help me. Yall rock
Its easy to do and I would bet everyone on here has done that at some time, I'm not ashamed to hold my hands up and say I have 😇 in the past. Even experts in every field has to check and I'm being honest here, how many times have we said to ourselves we check something and it's still wrong🤣 I'm glad pilots get it right most of the time. Stay safe