Jonsered 2094 is alive

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up a couple of 2094's from members here a little while ago. One had a scorched piston, and the other has an air leak. I started with the bad piston one first. I used muriatic acid to clean up the transfer from the piston, then scotch Brite to polish it out. I it passed the fingernail test, so I cleaned up the saw for reassembly with an AM piston. Would only hold vacuum for about 20 seconds, so I found the base gasket was leaking. Removed and dirko'd it up and retorqued, now holds for a day.

Ordered a rebuild kit for the tillotson carb, new lines and impulse line. Turned out 3/4 turn on both H and L, set the choke with the compression release in, a she fired up after a few pulls. I don't have a tach, so just made sure she four strokes at WOT. Now I have to put the new oil pump on it, and put one of my bars on it. Probably will put a 24" on it, and do some cuts to break it in.

Any advice, or have I missed something? I will put this on my Alaskan mill for some cedars after running it a while. Thank you @Woodslasher and @RedTilDead92.

Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put the oil pump on it today, mounted the 24" bar and chain and tuned it some more in the cut. Cut some 20" pine cookies faster than I ever have. Let it idle and cool down. We have storms coming in so won't get much chance to run it tomorrow. The oiler works great, almost too good. Going to have to see the proper adjustment method. Would rather too much oil than not enough. Looks like I need to get the other one going now.

Man these thing are fun.

Hall84

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, you really don’t need a saw that size. Just pm me and I’ll send my shipping address. You can just send it to me for a New Years gift. Hahahaha Happy New Years buddy enjoy that monster.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, you really don’t need a saw that size. Just pm me and I’ll send my shipping address. You can just send it to me for a New Years gift. Hahahaha Happy New Years buddy enjoy that monster.
I am fully invested in these things now. I have the 2 2094's, that take the D009 husky large mount. Waiting on an oem piston for a shinny 695, also D009. I have 20,24,28&36 b&c. I have a 48" Alaskan mill. But, if I ever decide to give them away, you get dibs. Thanks for being there for me:borra2:

Oh, and happy new year to you too.

Last edited:

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I did a little cutting today, cut some 22" red cedar cookies, tuned it in the cut a bit fat. Cut like a hot knife through butter. A 24" bar on this saw is really ridiculous. So after I got done playing with the cedar logs at the bottom of the hill. I put the 36" bar and chain on, and put it in my 48" Alaskan mill. Slabbed off 3" and removed the ladder. Re-adjusted the mill for 1-1/2" and made my first live edge slab. I took it easy and would go a couple feet, let it idle, etc. This is only a 15" log. Chain lubing fine. Started to rain, so I went in my building to wait it out.

Re-filled the oil and gas, and the saw would not turn over. Seems the dogs are now clogged with wet cedar dust, and stay retracted. Wiped down the saw, and took it out of the mill. Cleaned out the dust and now it is fine. Called it a day as I had other things that needed to get done. I am on call this week, so I won't get a chance to play. I know, pics or it didn't happen. Not sure how to do that. Do they need to be hosted somewhere and link them?

Larry

milling

Last edited:

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope. U can upload pics directly to the site. If its a video, those have to go through Vimeo or YouTube, butt funk youtube. Account Cancelling Bassturds!
None of its too hard if i can figure it out:D
Good luck, cant wait for the pics!

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Nope. U can upload pics directly to the site. If its a video, those have to go through Vimeo or YouTube, butt funk youtube. Account Cancelling Bassturds!
None of its too hard if i can figure it out:D
Good luck, cant wait for the pics!

I couldn't figure out how to upload to the site. Maybe I don't yet have permission. I made a website for my wife, for her goats. I just added a page, and am hosting them there. In some ways I am an idiot, other ways I am not. LOL

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful!
Thank you. If I keep this up, my wife may want me to get a Band saw mill. One can dream right?
I have a bunch of large cedar logs to practice on, then I have a 32" White oak that will get milled too. Will need longer than the current 36" B/C.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I couldn't figure out how to upload to the site. Maybe I don't yet have permission. I made a website for my wife, for her goats. I just added a page, and am hosting them there. In some ways I am an idiot, other ways I am not. LOL
Lol! As i was toilet texting u, tryin to help, i think our messages crossed.:risas3: I see u have it figured out! If u made a web page id say ur not an idiot. Lol! I dont have a clue how to do
that:D that cedar looks badašš!

:tiburon::coleman::cbiggrin::chuck::conejo::confundio::firefox9lk::flamethrower2::jump::laser-kill:Sorry my youngest wanted to send some emojis......

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol! As i was toilet texting u, tryin to help, i think our messages crossed.:risas3: I see u have it figured out! If u made a web page id say ur not an idiot. Lol! I dont have a clue how to do
that:D that cedar looks badašš!

:tiburon::coleman::cbiggrin::chuck::conejo::confundio::firefox9lk::flamethrower2::jump::laser-kill:Sorry my youngest wanted to send some emojis......
Enjoy them while they are young, my youngest is in Grad school working on her doctorate. Tell him,(guessing by the emoji selection), those are cool.

Anybody can make a web page. I wish I knew someone that did before I did ours. First you buy your domain name, then you find somewhere to host it. WordPress makes it fairly easy. I don't write html code. It is all graphical. Like writing a word document with photos inserted.

I appreciate the help. I just can't figure out how to upload pics to this site. Probably better to host them myself anyway, as a backup in case my laptop dies.

Thanks again.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Enjoy them while they are young, my youngest is in Grad school working on her doctorate. Tell him,(guessing by the emoji selection), those are cool.

Anybody can make a web page. I wish I knew someone that did before I did ours. First you buy your domain name, then you find somewhere to host it. WordPress makes it fairly easy. I don't write html code. It is all graphical. Like writing a word document with photos inserted.

I appreciate the help. I just can't figure out how to upload pics to this site. Probably better to host them myself anyway, as a backup in case my laptop dies.

Thanks again.
I told him that u liked his emojis, his eyes went wide! Lol! I dont think he understands yet that someone is usually on the other end of this phone.

The pic is what i see, i circled the button u hit when ur writing a message. Click on the upload file and it will access ur camera and pics. I also am doing it off a phone. I supposed if ur on a ‘puter u would have to get pics from ur phone to the puter, but im of no assistance in that:D1CCF3C22-41B4-4BB1-A48E-96FFA7034EDB.jpeg

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I told him that u liked his emojis, his eyes went wide! Lol! I dont think he understands yet that someone is usually on the other end of this phone.

The pic is what i see, i circled the button u hit when ur writing a message. Click on the upload file and it will access ur camera and pics. I also am doing it off a phone. I supposed if ur on a ‘puter u would have to get pics from ur phone to the puter, but im of no assistance in that:DView attachment 322453
Wow am I blind. I am looking at all the stuff in the bar above the text window. I was right, I am an idiot! D'oh! It could not be easier. I emailed myself the picture, opened my laptop, (openbsd). Used jpegoptim to reduce its size as it has to be below 500Mb. Then I logged in to my website, created a page, uploaded the picture and copied the link to paste here. When all I had to do, is open my eyes, and click that button. Definitely code ID10 T.:bash:

How old is your son? Does he have his own saw yet? Lol

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow am I blind. I am looking at all the stuff in the bar above the text window. I was right, I am an idiot! D'oh! It could not be easier. I emailed myself the picture, opened my laptop, (openbsd). Used jpegoptim to reduce its size as it has to be below 500Mb. Then I logged in to my website, created a page, uploaded the picture and copied the link to paste here. When all I had to do, is open my eyes, and click that button. Definitely code ID10 T.:bash:

How old is your son? Does he have his own saw yet? Lol
Lol! Ur confusing the *s-word outa me:risas3: im guessing u just over looked it.
He is 5, doesn't have his own saw per say, but whats mine is his, or will be. Both the boys should be set on whatever their lil redneck hearts desire, daddy is a hoarder of most important things:D

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol! Ur confusing the *s-word outa me:risas3: im guessing u just over looked it.
He is 5, doesn't have his own saw per say, but whats mine is his, or will be. Both the boys should be set on whatever their lil redneck hearts desire, daddy is a hoarder of most important things:D
Great age, good job on the hoarding too. I am with you on that. I am like a prepper/hoarder. I stock up on stuff before it gets scarce. I heard there is an ammo shortage, and a reloading component shortage. Though I am not sure, we don't have one here. Lol. There are good lessons for kids if you hoard stuff that is usable. Not trash. Thanks for pointing out that hidden button, they should put it where I can find it. :facepalm: