Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I thought thumbs were considered fingers.
Copy and pasted.

In English, the thumb is considered a special digit, not a finger. The thumb is different from a finger in several ways, including:
Joints: A thumb has one joint, while a finger has two.
Bones: A thumb has two phalanges, while a finger has three.
Position: A thumb is located out to the side of the hand and lower than the four fingers.

A thumb is built more like a toe. LOL

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Copy and pasted.

In English, the thumb is considered a special digit, not a finger. The thumb is different from a finger in several ways, including:
Joints: A thumb has one joint, while a finger has two.
Bones: A thumb has two phalanges, while a finger has three.
Position: A thumb is located out to the side of the hand and lower than the four fingers.

A thumb is built more like a toe. LOL
I never knew that. Interesting.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So far I have been lucky to keep all my fingers, thumbs, and toes but I lose a lot of nails.
I cut my left thumb off with a circular saw. The joint was destroyed, but it was reattached. It's shorter than the other one, and it doesn't bend at all. My index finger on my right hand was in the wrong place when a hose on a grease gun burst. It got filled with the very best moly grease. I still have it, but it's nearly useless because of the nerve damage.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut my left thumb off with a circular saw. The joint was destroyed, but it was reattached. It's shorter than the other one, and it doesn't bend at all. My index finger on my right hand was in the wrong place when a hose on a grease gun burst. It got filled with the very best moly grease. I still have it, but it's nearly useless because of the nerve damage.
Ouch! I've always wondered what would happen if a hose burst on my grease gun. Now I know what could happen.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In October and November of 2022 I spent about 3 weeks in the ICU burn unit. I burnt my feet to the point it was questionable on what would happen. Due to flipping insurance issues and a inept doctor I spent one week at home as they got worse. Finally I was taken by ambulance 3 hours away in the middle of the night. They saved the feet but had to peel my legs for the skin graffs. I have some gory pics if folks want to see them. My legs have not seen sun since I was 7 but if I did wear shorts now it would not be a pretty sight. My feet look like raw hamburger

Last edited: