High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw builds

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I got the 361 done but didn't get a chance to cut with it but I will tomorrow.
Muffler is a nightmare

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Loggers here walk past hickory unless they need it bad nobody will cut them.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah the irony of the farmers hating the black locust now. That tree has been spread across the country/world because of it makes such a good fence post due to its rot resistance. Burns so good. That and the hickory which also makes things taste so good from the smoker, makes great tool handles, and beautiful woodwork with character. Love the hickory floor I put in my friend's house.hickorydickorydockfloor.jpg

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ah the irony of the farmers hating the black locust now. That tree has been spread across the country/world because of it makes such a good fence post due to its rot resistance. Burns so good. That and the hickory which also makes things taste so good from the smoker, makes great tool handles, and beautiful woodwork with character. Love the hickory floor I put in my friend's house.View attachment 60542
We hate honey locust here

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't see many around here, black locust is everywhere though.
I always thought black locust was the thorn covered one because it's black and the honey locust is yellow but thats wrong as crazy as it seems.
The black colored thorn tree is a honey locust and the yellow tree with few thorns is a black locust.
Makes sense right

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know black locust have bi pinnate leaves and white flowers that look like wisteria/pea flowers in spring. I think honey locusts have different flowers and bigger seedpods and bigger nastier thorns than black locust. The bark is different too.

Last edited:

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always thought black locust was the thorn covered one because it's black and the honey locust is yellow but thats wrong as crazy as it seems.
The black colored thorn tree is a honey locust and the yellow tree with few thorns is a black locust.
Makes sense right

Perfect sense indeed... just like the Greenland/Iceland conundrum.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The locust I just cut had yellowish center, straight grained. Branches had small thorns. About 1/4 to 1/2" max. Hard, but yellow center core.
At least I think it is locust, but not 100% sure.
Sounds like black locust.