High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw builds

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hope the above Vids back up what you already think. I like the 9010 myself , look forward to the vid .
It's a different type of saw with the long stroke,feels very different from what I'm use to but I can see its appeal.

Very blah stock but ports well.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's a different type of saw with the long stroke,feels very different from what I'm use to but I can see its appeal.

Very blah stock but ports well.
I find that they dont do much better on a 20" than a 6100 ..but on 28-30 ish inch bar then the grunt helps out on hard wood. Thing is J...your much more used to the extra poke from the porting you do so ..Im guessing here... most stock stuff is going to "Underwhelm you " :D

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice ported. How is the weight compared to the 394? heavier?

4mm longer stroke seems like quite a difference. think it'd lend itself to a hybrid with a considerably bigger P&C?
I think it would be better at 54 or 56mm but that is my preference,I like chain speed saws though and lots of people like these tug boat saws.
Equally strong just in different ways.

I don't know what it weighs but it's lighter than a 394

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think it would be better at 54 or 56mm but that is my preference,I like chain speed saws though and lots of people like these tug boat saws.
Equally strong just in different ways.

I don't know what it weighs but it's lighter than a 394
About 17 lb without bar /fuel

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I find that they dont do much better on a 20" than a 6100 ..but on 28-30 ish inch bar then the grunt helps out on hard wood. Thing is J...your much more used to the extra poke from the porting you do so ..Im guessing here... most stock stuff is going to "Underwhelm you " :D
It could be geared and chained to be fast with a short bar and it will turn plenty of rpm it just takes it a little bit to get its britches hiked up.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
J, if its any help...iv had a brand new one and one i put a new piston in (both standard) ...Its real hard to tell from the vids but nether of the two i had would "Snap" .... back to idle" instantly . No air leak on the older one here and it seemed the same as the new one.
Found a vid Randy did....see what you think. Brad has a vid to (1.30 min or so in) and the saw seems present itself the same as yours ..As best as i can tell from the vids

Gotta agree with Simon on this, once there up too good tempature and coming down after a workout they take a short time too settle too a idle its less obvious with a bigger bar fitted

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I knew if being slow back to idle was the nature of the beast or not.
It just won't go away.
It's smooth out of carb so I'm going to try a 395 carb on it and see if it helps.

Both of the ones I've done have had the same race bike like return to idle. I think it's due to the longer than what we are used to intake manifold. The 58mm bore version I made has a real interesting return to idle. Listen at around 2:40.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Both of the ones I've done have had the same race bike like return to idle. I think it's due to the longer than what we are used to intake manifold. The 58mm bore version I made has a real interesting return to idle. Listen at around 2:40.

I kinda figured it was just the way they are because nothing changed it.