High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Running issues with 357 xp

Rpm5

OPE Member
Local time
6:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Guys , I’m new to the forum and looking for some advice on my sons 357 xp.
It starts fine and runs great for a tank or so and then all off a sudden will not start once shut off. we went thru the carb and it looks good. has a new plug in it. Does anybody have any ideas on where we should start with this saw ?
thank you.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to the site mate.

So it runs perfectly for the first tank you say.
Meaning you can set it down idling and pick back up, or turn it off and restart it repeatedly without any issue for the first tank?
But after refilling it won't fire?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It starts fine and runs great for a tank or so and then all off a sudden will not start once shut off. we went thru the carb and it looks good. has a new plug in it. Does anybody have any ideas on where we should start with this saw ?
thank you.
Will the saw pop at all trying to do a restart when hot? I would check simple things first...spark, compression test, perhaps verify that the saw won't start with the fast idle set.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thank you.

Welcome to the nut house.

Greg gave you a few good and simple things to check. If they all check good. Have a look at the diaphram cover on the carb. Many of them do not have the proper vent drilled in them. It is pretty obvious if it has it or not and definitely something to check out as simple as it is. I believe @Poleman had a good thread on this if anyone better than I was able to search it out.

Steven

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Rpm5 this is the easiest way to cover off the carb stuff that Steve referenced above. If you're not yet aware, Mr Tree Monkey is considered by most to be one of the best saw guys there is. I follow this procedure for my own 357 fleet.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what year is the saw? which carb is on it? does it vent properly?

Last edited: