Rc nitro fuel in a saw?

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too make any gains port durations would need to be put to the absolute max with a 2 piece head/cylinder with a reduced combustion chamber to get compression back. A tuned pipe dialed in for the exhaust duration would be desired as well. The carburetor would need to be drilled to flow enough fuel. After all this, the saw is a designated race saw.
Broad swipe with that brush but I will agree with fuel flow.

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He probably has you on the ignore:risas3:
Lol. Nah…he’s good people.

adding nitro to a work saws a great way to earn a new top end.

as other have said oxygenated fuel and other additives can always be added in. Some don’t always yield faster cut times though.

White Mountain Saws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Broad swipe with that brush but I will agree with fuel flow.

From a point of max power, a well modified piped nitro saw will out cut a boxed muffler nitro saw. From my perspective if a person wants a fast saw, a pipe is needed and significant modifications are needed. Sure nitro will burn in nearly any saw with carb modification but it won’t be the fastest saw.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want to try some fuel for a bump in power that is easier to deal with than nitro, VP Racing sells U4.4 which is a really popular fuel in motocross racing.

It's oxygen content is 7.5%. I have ran a few gallons of it in my saws playing around and I can can tell a difference. The old formula had to be dumped out or it would gum up float bowls, the newer stuff I haven't had any problems leaving it in.

Spec sheet attached.

Attachments

• U4_4-REG-Spec-Sheets_100419A-1.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 10

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dew tell… What specifically are you using? Pictures would be helpful… How are you mixing it? What ratio? Are you using Unicorn tears to keep it from separating? What do you feed the unicorn’s? Do you have the appropriate permits? I heard that if you didn’t feed the unicorns virgin goats milk their tears would be eleventy-7 percent less effektive… is this true?
Either I shake my premixed gallon before filling, or I take some little mix oil bottles with a pre measured amount of nitro to the wood lot with me, dump one in the empty saw tank, fill with gas, and run it. I run about 1.5-3% nitro in the gas, but that nitro comes with twice as much methanol where I assume a significant portion of the power comes from, because methanol will also lean the mixture allowing me to run richer carb settings. Being mostly methanol, separation should be minimal. There's an obvious gain in power, not huge, but it's there.

So basically I'm using methanol as my fuel additive. I don't know how much power the nitro adds.