Rayco 1635 Trac Jr help

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gents my Rayco 1635 lost a Trac. I ordered 2 but can’t for the life of me find any info on the tension when replacing. There’s got to be a measurement of sag or something.
I can’t find a manual either. Any help would be great. Last thing I need to do is destroy the new ones.IMG_7030.jpegIMG_7033.jpegIMG_7032.jpeg

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gents my Rayco 1635 lost a Trac. I ordered 2 but can’t for the life of me find any info on the tension when replacing. There’s got to be a measurement of sag or something.
I can’t find a manual either. Any help would be great. Last thing I need to do is destroy the new ones.View attachment 394908View attachment 394909View attachment 394910
Hey friend! We have a rayco grinder at work, however it's not setup up like yours with the wheel motors mounted high. When I put the tracks on, anything really that I can't find a spec on, I put them on just tight enough that the teeth aren't trying to hop when turning. I know there's someone more experienced in here.. Anyway, you want some wiggle in the tracks. I'd say on that thing probably 1/2 inch of deflection when flexing in the middle of span between wheel motor and idler. If you can jack it all the way off the ground, a bit more than that on the long span, across bottom, between idlers. By deflection I mean, grab the track in the middle of the span, pull it up, then push in opposite direction... You want some flex there. If they're too loose, when you turn they'll try and derail. It's kind of a feel thing.