Random Thought Of The Day

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first car was a 72 Nova, gas cap was behind the license plate. I thought that was a good idea. You could go on either side of the pump and if you spilled any it just went on the ground and not down the side of your car.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
5:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was the '56 Chevy the only on that had that gas cap behind the tail light?
My Grandma had one when I was a kid.
I distinctly remember hers having that hidden filler cap. No recollection of what engine though.

No not the only year. My dad had a 57 wagon that had gas cap behind drivers side tail light.
Was very cool when I young.
Cadillac also had hidden gas caps of those years as well, and don't forget the gas cap behind the spring loaded license plate.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a '74 Ford F100 (preceded the F150) with overloads and aftermarket saddle tanks. Full service wasn't uncommon then, station attendants could get confused 'cuz ya had to reach in front of the rear tires to fill them. Out of Sight out of Mind..

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a '74 Ford F100 (preceded the F150) with overloads and aftermarket saddle tanks. Full service wasn't uncommon then, station attendants could get confused 'cuz ya had to reach in front of the rear tires to fill them. Out of Sight out of Mind..
I had a 74 F100 as well. Big block 360, 10 mpg no matter how you drove it.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate daylight savings time.
Wish it would stay this way. Be nice to have daylight later so I can get some work done when I get home in the cooler months. Finally got cows to my house so I can control when bulls are with them better and I don't have to do much in the winter except feed and general checkup. Tractor has lights so I can do that in the dark.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Phone call from neighbor/friend: Hey, I left my saw in Your shop to sharpen the chain. And, could You check the spark plug while You are at it?!

Hint: IT'S A TRAP!

Ground the chain, wasn't too bad, mildly rocked. Cleaned gullets, checked and set rakers.
To keep this post shorter, issues found within minutes of basic maintenance:
- pre-filter completely plugged with fine wood chips and lots of B&C oil
- main filter moderately plugged
- spark plug all greasy with black oily carbon deposits, gap too small, *s-wordty cheap plug at that, NO SEAL RING and loads of black oil residue all around the plug hole
- Off wire broken of
- saw barely takes throttle, won't idle properly either races or dies
- saw dies when turned on clutch cover side

My neighbors response: She ran fine, I used her today!

It is a 038AV that never gets any maintenance.

Lesson learned, just need to remember it for the future - I won't mess with other peoples OPE!!!

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see no problem its 20€ bill. When it comes for chainsaw show him pictures of what you fix/clean.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I assuming correctly that the previous owner was a righty and pulled the cord across the AF hood/cover?
WTF!

View attachment 413463
I'd say left handed.

EDIT: No clue actually. I just went and tried both left and right handed, in order to make marks like that you have to be pulling from an odd angle no matter the hand.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say left handed.

EDIT: No clue actually. I just went and tried both left and right handed, in order to make marks like that you have to be pulling from an odd angle no matter the hand.
I am a lefty, right foot into rear handle, right hand on handle bar, left hand pulls straight up.

I got cold start vids up on the Tube.

Drop start, right hand on handle bar, left hand pulls up while right hand drops the PH.