dilligaf
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
121255379_10102558631109874_4082041598752192232_o.jpg
Damn, that's ugly!

Nice scores Steve. I thought I did okay on this blasting cabinet for $50 today.View attachment 263300
Wow Mike, great score!

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Times are challenging. I'm ready for work to slow down and settle back to normal. Too much OT nearly burning me out.

You?
Been doing pretty darn good. It would be nice for things to get back to normal soon though. Got a big ponderosa to mill soon with the 394.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been doing pretty darn good. It would be nice for things to get back to normal soon though. Got a big ponderosa to mill soon with the 394.
That'll be like greased lightning! Should make a nice mess of the chain though. Most of the slabs I have should be dry enough to use now. Need to figure out something desirable to make with 'em and earn a buck or two.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That'll be like greased lightning! Should make a nice mess of the chain though. Most of the slabs I have should be dry enough to use now. Need to figure out something desirable to make with 'em and earn a buck or two.
You got lots of slabs, so some table's would probably make a profit. I haven't had bad luck with the chains on the pine around here. Made a bunch of 2x4's this summer. Not sure what to do with the ponderosa just yet.

Last edited:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You gotta lots of slabs, so some table would probably make a profit. I haven't had bad luck with the chains on the pine around here. Made a bunch of 2x4's this summer. Not sure what to do with the ponderosa just yet.
When I mill pine/softer wood, it usually leaves a pitch on the chains and bakes it on. I soak in Simple Green or Purple Power w/ hot water, then tooth brush it off. One time I milled some pine for a friend of my dads and the first cut I went through several 22 bullets. :teeth: No damage but it slowed down my progress. :uzi:

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20201015_115327~2.jpg
I know how I'm doing my Christmas shopping this year. Just have to follow these guys around and pick up the stuff falling out of the truck. This is one of the FedEx ground drivers running around with the back door open on the truck. Wish I had gotten my phone out earlier to get a picture looking into the back with the packages.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s not even scrap value. I suppose it’s too heavy for snowflakes too use

Maybe but the "im not putting a $500 clutch in that" was what made it a sweet deal for me! Auctioneer said parts where unavailable and that is totally not true. Will have a super nice tiller under $300 hopefully.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe but the "im not putting a $500 clutch in that" was what made it a sweet deal for me! Auctioneer said parts where unavailable and that is totally not true. Will have a super nice tiller under $300 hopefully.

Yes you will for sure , you could rig up a 1 furrow reversible plough on that one

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here Is my fishing story for the day...I was a bank maggot today. Fist cast I got a massive hit, line went tight and then the typical chinook head shake and then the fish ripped up river against the heavy current and then head shook again, he cam back at me and I almost lost tension as he came back at me as I was cranking as fast a possible! I tried to hold him before he got into the current, the tension didn’t agree with him and a few more shakes he gained stream down river. I was really worried, it must be a big one, so fast and so strong I let him run some more... but he kept getting farther away, I put my thumb on the spool with the fish 100 yards out...I got him to stop for a moment and with another shake he headed down river again! He was moving at a fast clip, he pulled out another 100 yard of line an I said to myself, I had 20 yard left on the spool( cold see the bottom off the spindle) and I decide to give the fish one last fight. I put my thumb or the spool again and didn’t let up, I got him to turn, but at 200 yards out he went parallel for a minute and then the tension was lost! He was gone! But in the instant I was starting to retrieve the line, to. My shock I felt the spinners resistance, I wasn’t sure what happened yet, and my mind started wondering, what was it and why did I still had my spinner. I have unintentionally hooked into the back of many sturgeon and they have a unique fight, but this was much livelier and much quicker, yet I have landed many sturgeon in the 60lb range. And the initial hit was like a Chinook, but it was.almost unstable so I was wondering, then I finally reeled in my spinner and noticed a missing hook! An then thought that was odd, then saw the tube pulled down and was consistent with a Chinook bit pulling against the spinner..then I saw the massive teeth marks against the blade! Have never seen anything quite like that! Have seen some chips and small mark but nothing like This! The more I think the more I wonder..how big was this fish! It felt big!! And here is the broken off hook and tooth marked blade, it must of bit the blade first and had a single hook buried somewhere! 0FD98E7F-ECA2-4A4A-95BF-2D1CED07F00E.jpegIt was a “good” owner hook! And the foil on the back took a hit 20498D66-E947-4539-A7DD-BC9AADBD38FD.jpeg
Am still “reeling “ form the experience! Still amped up about it!

Last edited: