Random pics (that you took) thread...

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting. I'll try to remember that, maybe I'll win some sort of trivia some day lol.
You on lockdown over there.

Yeah. We only saw 3 other people today in the mountains, but it is a somewhat remote area. So not usually very busy. If you follow OutInTheWoods, AKA Dave Keith, he does a lot of work in these parts. But around town, we are all bidniss. In and out, food, car. The weather has been perfect for photos lately. I just haven't been able to go out.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
12:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's herself telling you about that same VW 1.9 engine. This time it's in a Skoda(czech brand owned by VW now) with over 600,000 miles. I have friends with over 200,000 miles on their diesels without any rebuilding:

That's a whole lot of Dublin accent goin on at the beginning there. My wife is from outside Dublin. I think you can hear her accent here. It's a bit softer with less of that popeye sorta 'oi' sound.Prolly more like what most Americans think Irish people sound like, really. But the Dublin accent, being as there are 2 mil people in the greater metro area, is prolly the most common:

I've got 215K on mine, and the engine is perfect. The problem is the rest of the car's wear/tear. 1 axle is failing, the clutch is finally starting to slip a bit, the A/C compressor seized, and now the interior decided to start falling apart, all in about a 10K mile-span. I already did a head job and the 200K service due to a blown head gasket. Beyond that, the car has been flawless in the 60K miles I've had it. I routinely get 42-43mpg hand-calculated overall average (highway, in-town, mixed and varying periods of idling) and I've never driven it easy. I didn't abuse it, but I tend to drive cars like I ride motorcycles.

Is that the installed price?
I think installed was another 3K or so, depending on a few factors. Just the milling/CNC'ing they do to make a 6.4 PSD crank work in a 6.0 PSD block is amazing. Diesel power had a pretty good article on it, and I believe that it's linked on the company website. Unless I eventually buy a Cummins, I will likely end up doing that engine if/when I need to rebuild the one in my dually.

It sees heavier tows than the 250 does and more power, with good EGTs, is always welcome. I scaled a load of hay awhile back for a friend that I hauled from North of Cassoday KS to Belle Plaine KS. Should've done the math before I went, as the trailer and hay was a tick over 26K, NOT counting the truck. Gross I was around 35K. That was ALL that truck wanted, and that's with 4:10 gears. My old f-350 wth th 7.3/ZF-6 and 4:33's would have done better, but turned a lot of RPMs much over about 55mph, and sounded like a machine shop (according to the boss). I'd like to be able to be able to do 26-28K CGW comfortably.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20200315_200107.jpg
2003 Jetta TDI ALH 5 speed. I guess I should install the clutch and flywheel I have had in the trunk for the last few years in anticipation for the original going out. Done two timing belts and little piddly things to it. Headliner is drooping as usual, I should just take it down. 47/48 MPG usually.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
altering an odometer is federal crime, I would offer to renegotiate the selling price with the seller before talking to the attorney general :)
When I sent him the picture of the odometer working, his excuse was that he had never seen it work since he had the truck. Odometer not working on these early digital gauges are a known thing. I made the mistake of taking him at his word and since it is a 7 hour round trip to take it back I am just going forward and using it as a learning experience.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a good pic but heres an eagles nest and he is sitting to the leftbof it.
c7676cd562b2ed0c79385f8a263d8339.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk