Random pics (that you took) thread...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been trying to decide on a color scheme for the banshee...thinking of some craziness...crabapple for the frame and bronze chrome for the a-arms and swingarm or lazer copper

also thinking about a motor update 443cc to 583cc:D5ABB3388-EDCB-4A59-A698-5E4D6B285198.jpeg7EC0FB3E-503C-44FB-A42A-ACBF86452C74.jpeg 2355E51F-EA08-4699-B597-4C617222880E.jpeg354BF0B2-CBEA-43B4-B198-52AD3AB276F8.jpeg

Last edited:

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
10:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol,I did look at that picture for a good minute and thought "that's not the same picture " . I was actually looking at that cylinder today and thinking I need to gather the parts to build the open port saw and try some porting ,wondering how it would run.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mine had a solid slug piston in it. I could have gone apeshit opening the ports had I wanted to. I think you could get a lot out of a 65 open port, especially since this one had the Walbro carb they used on the 72. The pin location woulda allowed finger ports, too. But I think just a little finger out of the primary would make a big difference without beating up the rings too much.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine had a solid slug piston in it. I could have gone apeshit opening the ports had I wanted to. I think you could get a lot out of a 65 open port, especially since this one had the Walbro carb they used on the 72. The pin location woulda allowed finger ports, too. But I think just a little finger out of the primary would make a big difference without beating up the rings too much.
I'm gonna do something with it soon, don't know about finger ports ,haven't gained that much knowledge yet. May have to bug some of you guys on that. Plus I still have quite a few parts to come up with.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took this the other day when I was out grabbing up a saw.
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.54.02 PM.png
Then my boy was freaking out pointing behind me, I thought he was saying there was a dog, nope.
Saw an opossum the other day too, way warm for the beginning of feb, supposed to have the bottom drop out tonight.
Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 4.55.52 PM.png

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna do something with it soon, don't know about finger ports ,haven't gained that much knowledge yet. May have to bug some of you guys on that. Plus I still have quite a few parts to come up with.

A 'trick' I use is I start the finger ports with a stone bit. That way it won't chip the plating, doesn't clog up too quick, and they are very easy to control even at high speeds - it's almost like painting or drawing. And if it slips, it does little to no damage, and the bits are dirt cheap and come in a lot of different shapes and sizes. Once the plating is gone, and a rut begins to appear, I move to a burr and take it slow. I started to do the finger off of the primary when I caught some guys in the RC crowd doing it. A lot of the cylinders they use in RC are open port, and these guys were doing the finger thang all the time. I brought that in to my chainsaw porting when I came across the open port 365's, and added the trick of tightening up the top of the port to concentrate the flow like Randy et al have even doing, and it really helps the things rev much better. Another thing is many RC engines are designed to work at a specific RPM. So you get an idea what the factory thought the porting should look like for a specific max power at a specific RPM. I just found that interesting.

https://ussneptune.wordpress.com/engine/

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took this the other day when I was out grabbing up a saw.
View attachment 222036
Then my boy was freaking out pointing behind me, I thought he was saying there was a dog, nope.
Saw an opossum the other day too, way warm for the beginning of feb, supposed to have the bottom drop out tonight.
View attachment 222037

I had a Greyhound that killed a skunk once. I was terrified when I saw him go after it. But aside from a bit of musk, he came out OK. He just grabbed the skunk while it was trying to run, twirled it around in a bone-crunching, neck-snapping maneuver, and threw it up in the air and left it where it lay.

61653783.oxWPu2bY.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a Greyhound that killed a skunk once. I was terrified when I saw him go after it. But aside from a bit of musk, he came out OK. He just grabbed the skunk while it was trying to run, twirled it around in a bone-crunching, neck-snapping maneuver, and threw it up in the air and left it where it lay.

61653783.oxWPu2bY.jpg

Thats a good lookin hound Wes!

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 'trick' I use is I start the finger ports with a stone bit. That way it won't chip the plating, doesn't clog up too quick, and they are very easy to control even at high speeds - it's almost like painting or drawing. And if it slips, it does little to no damage, and the bits are dirt cheap and come in a lot of different shapes and sizes. Once the plating is gone, and a rut begins to appear, I move to a burr and take it slow. I started to do the finger off of the primary when I caught some guys in the RC crowd doing it. A lot of the cylinders they use in RC are open port, and these guys were doing the finger thang all the time. I brought that in to my chainsaw porting when I came across the open port 365's, and added the trick of tightening up the top of the port to concentrate the flow like Randy et al have even doing, and it really helps the things rev much better. Another thing is many RC engines are designed to work at a specific RPM. So you get an idea what the factory thought the porting should look like for a specific max power at a specific RPM. I just found that interesting.

https://ussneptune.wordpress.com/engine/
I'll definitely read up on it and I'll probably be asking questions lol

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score