Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might have too. The shop I was thinking about taking it has pulled a fast one on a coworker who I sent there saying the place was good.

Bastages. Its so hard to have a good name in auto repair because of things like that. Happens everywhere. Even at my shop from time to time:(. Pisses me off.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My kids are doing state testing now too. Its great that you guys do that. It means alot to some kids that you would personally grill them a hotdog. Cause no one will do it for them at home...:(
Truth. Our school is "Title 1" , low income. I more than understand the home lives. The actual % of a "traditional" family is becoming almost non existent pretty much everywhere - doesn't have to be low income.

On a good note. They love it! I open the door during grilling and let the smell filter though the school. We do another one before school starts and invite parents. Many do not show though. The ones that do are grateful.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bastages. Its so hard to have a good name in auto repair because of things like that. Happens everywhere. Even at my shop from time to time:(. Pisses me off.

They lady needed her alternate replaced. Gets it back leaking PS fluid. They some how pinched a hard line by the rack. The guy that started the shop is A+++++. But he has opened a second shop doing more race/drag type stuff and isn't in the original shop as much.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Truth. Our school is "Title 1" , low income. I more than understand the home lives. The actual % of a "traditional" family is becoming almost non existent pretty much everywhere - doesn't have to be low income.

On a good note. They love it! I open the door during grilling and let the smell filter though the school. We do another one before school starts and invite parents. Many do not show though. The ones that do are grateful.

Keep it up. Im glad you guys do it!

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They lady needed her alternate replaced. Gets it back leaking PS fluid. They some how pinched a hard line by the rack. The guy that started the shop is A+++++. But he has opened a second shop doing more race/drag type stuff and isn't in the original shop as much.

I have a sheep fluffer here that will screw something up like that and just ship it. He just dont care...

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20190426_150903.jpg
That little area of broke casting holds the adjustable swing arm for dressing the top of the grinding wheel. YOU'D Think for $422 replacement cost another ounce or 2 of aluminum in the area .......
Years of experience custom metal fab is paying dividends cause there is no stinking way...... Anybody else have a leg fall out-loose so the grinder topples?

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 178647
That little area of broke casting holds the adjustable swing arm for dressing the top of the grinding wheel. YOU'D Think for $422 replacement cost another ounce or 2 of aluminum in the area .......
Years of experience custom metal fab is paying dividends cause there is no stinking way...... Anybody else have a leg fall out-loose so the grinder topples?
How did that happen Tony.
Pictures of the fix :).

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did that happen Tony.
Pictures of the fix :).
Moved an item that tapped a leg of the stand which raised the other side where the leg fell out and thereby failed to support the grinder. Of course it had to land at the weakest point. Picture will be taken after fix is fini`.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i was power washing my new trailer this evening when i noticed my boy had some mud or something splashed on his face. Apon closer look he had gotten the blow gun on the air line and decided to play in a bucket of old diesel oil i had not disposed of yet. And this is what i was punished with for not disposing of the oil a week ago like i should have. :oops:

20190426_183156.jpg 20190426_183151_HDR.jpg 20190426_183216_HDR.jpg 20190426_183342.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i was power washing my new trailer this evening when i noticed my boy had some mud or something splashed on his face. Apon closer look he had gotten the blow gun on the air line and decided to play in a bucket of old diesel oil i had not disposed of yet. And this is what i was punished with for not disposing of the oil a week ago like i should have. :oops:

View attachment 178699 View attachment 178700 View attachment 178701 View attachment 178702

Well that stuff aint gonna rust now lol.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 178699 View attachment 178700 View attachment 178701 View attachment 178702

For what its worth, we used to have a customer who would take his 6.5 diesel drain oil, put it in a sprayer and hose down the bottom of his truck. Every 3000 miles. We told him he could take it elsewhere for work.