Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is #3. But I figured it out finally. Both times I ordered a stock camshaft and both times I got a not even close to stock cam. Early intake valve closing resulted in such high compression at 2000rpm that the ecm could no longer compensate for detonation control. Talked to Schneider camshaft today and he knew all about it. Going to send him my cams and he is going to try to regrind them into something I can use. And put a little extra in there while he's at it!

What is the year and model of Acura you got Tony?
06 TL with AT5. In-laws car. Best info I can get from them being halfway lucid sounds like 3rd gear clutch pack problems, reading I did seems like this is typical of that year and couple prior. Battery dead so I have no codes to go off of. I think we will try drain/fill and replace the 3rd and 4th shift pressure switches. Seems to be cheapest option we have and trying to not sink a bunch of money in it. Solenoid screens were clean but the fluid is a bit dark.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
06 TL with AT5. In-laws car. Best info I can get from them being halfway lucid sounds like 3rd gear clutch pack problems, reading I did seems like this is typical of that year and couple prior. Battery dead so I have no codes to go off of. I think we will try drain/fill and replace the 3rd and 4th shift pressure switches. Seems to be cheapest option we have and trying to not sink a bunch of money in it. Solenoid screens were clean but the fluid is a bit dark.

Those are major problem child transmission. Unfortunately I feel any money you put into that transmission at this point is a waste unless the money is spent on a rebuild. How many pieces is the dash in? I remember the dashboards always being cracked at best but usually missing pieces.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are major problem child transmission. Unfortunately I feel any money you put into that transmission at this point is a waste unless the money is spent on a rebuild. How many pieces is the dash in? I remember the dashboards always being cracked at best but usually missing pieces.
Haven't really looked at the dash, been thinking about the transmission. I figured for the $100 it would cost for fluid and a couple of pressure switches it was worth a try. Cheaper than a diagnostic somewhere and we are trying to do this on the cheap just to get it going for a little while. Thanks for the info, I'll let the BIL know.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've read about it.
I've just always done it on a open fire.
Always used Vegetable oil, but knowing how it can go rancid & hardly using these pans, I went with Lard this time.

Both of these were totally unusable.

Open fire does a decent job (much hotter than a oven can go).

View attachment 399131
I like to keep bear grease around for when I start fresh on a skillet, but daily sausage/bacon cooking maintains seasoning real nice once you get them how you want them.

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought that engine spent more time on the stand than in the truck. Hopefully you get it this time. I don't recall having to take that much truck apart to pull the engine though.

Who ever says 300s are bullet proof is a liar! Lol!

It sure feels that way.

You don't but it's easier to get the belt off!!!

Timjus

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
took this home..

picture.php

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cant help but get attached to these two girls...
About 5 months old.
They are NOT into getting a bath tho (trust me lol)!
They dont care too much for Can Am Defenders either (which I was in when I took the pic).

20231207_135549.jpg