Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
10:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it have the phaser rattle when warm? Did a bunch of them a few years ago. Now we are doing them on the 3.5 Ecoboost and the 5.0s
Cold locking pin rattle is what I have found so far. Got a bit of a tick on acceleration and pulling a little, possible follower noise. I'll probably get into is sometime this week whenever I make a bit of room in the shop. Went ahead and ordered Lisle spark plug tool, just need to find best place to get plugs. Too many crooks anymore to trust ebay and amazon. I can find some great prices on ford parts, sometimes I just have to wait. Bought a 12 qt case of Mercon LV a while back from amazon warehouse for $13. Seems like most of the problems and fixes are known with these engines now, much like the 6.0 powerstroke.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As @Steve said, no 4 thread holes on the 3 valve engine. 3 valves just break the plug apart not launch them into the engine compartment.

Trick to the 3 valve with the black coil boots is to warm the engine to operating temperature. Then pull all the coils. Put a 3/8 air impact on the spark plug with as little extension as possible. Pull the trigger and give her hell. Do not stop to check progress. Just pull the trigger till it comes out. Almost guarantee you will get all 8 out no problem. That's how I have been doing them the last 10 years or so with great results.

The later 3v with the brown boots have regular sparkplugs.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trick to the 3 valve with the black coil boots is to warm the engine to operating temperature. Then pull all the coils. Put a 3/8 air impact on the spark plug with as little extension as possible. Pull the trigger and give her hell. Do not stop to check progress. Just pull the trigger till it comes out. Almost guarantee you will get all 8 out no problem. That's how I have been doing them the last 10 years or so with great results.

The later 3v with the brown boots have regular sparkplugs.
Wish I knew which was in it. Kid put aftermarket coils in it. I may check and see if he still has the original ones since you can get a boot kit for them. Got a milwaukee 3/8 stubby mid-torque for my birthday and love it for jobs like this. Haven't looked too far into them yet but part number is showing sp546x with the looped ground for the plugs.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When did these get so expensive?

View attachment 369890View attachment 369891View attachment 369892

I’ve been looking for a panel for my future new shop/house build, but haven’t had much luck finding anything. Picked up this 400 amp panel locally from a grower…. He installed it but ended up swapping it out for a bigger one.
They're ridiculously expensive. I couldn't believe the bill I was given for the work done to my house, and it wasn't THAT much.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish I knew which was in it. Kid put aftermarket coils in it. I may check and see if he still has the original ones since you can get a boot kit for them. Got a milwaukee 3/8 stubby mid-torque for my birthday and love it for jobs like this. Haven't looked too far into them yet but part number is showing sp546x with the looped ground for the plugs.

What year is the truck?

Matt Ellerbee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cold locking pin rattle is what I have found so far. Got a bit of a tick on acceleration and pulling a little, possible follower noise. I'll probably get into is sometime this week whenever I make a bit of room in the shop. Went ahead and ordered Lisle spark plug tool, just need to find best place to get plugs. Too many crooks anymore to trust ebay and amazon. I can find some great prices on ford parts, sometimes I just have to wait. Bought a 12 qt case of Mercon LV a while back from amazon warehouse for $13. Seems like most of the problems and fixes are known with these engines now, much like the 6.0 powerstroke.
If you can cancel that lisle tool. I’ll send you mine for a few bucks shipping.

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20230319_182919.jpgIMG_20230319_182856.jpg
Gots some other work to do first. Been keeping the tractor in the shop with hay on it because of the rain and when sweeping out tonight found it marked its territory. Steering seal decided to give way at 20 degrees this morning and do some dribbling.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 370044View attachment 370045
Gots some other work to do first. Been keeping the tractor in the shop with hay on it because of the rain and when sweeping out tonight found it marked its territory. Steering seal decided to give way at 20 degrees this morning and do some dribbling.

Must be the day for it..
My Bobcat popped a hose.
Sprayed hydraulic fluid right into the airbox as well as all over..
20230319_090642.jpg20230319_094423.jpg20230319_102612.jpg

Only the Tony

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Must be the day for it..
My Bobcat popped a hose.
Sprayed hydraulic fluid right into the airbox as well as all over..
View attachment 370047View attachment 370048View attachment 370050
Saw you posted that in the NSP3 thread. It makes for fun days. Kit for the steering cylinder is $135, but with work I can't run around and try to match up the seals at some of the hydraulic places. Just another thing for the farm taxes. Probably going to be a two or three day wait since I can't see local inventory for some reason at the john deere places.