stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since I have to do a return line....and a vent. The 99 F150 hanger is ideal. Check it out on Rock Auto and see what you think.

I've replaced a few of this design years ago, because of a failed check valve, which allowed the fuel to drain back to the tank and cause hard starting. Then the owners would be burning out starters, Well, at least the pump is 1/4 the price now.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've replaced a few of this design years ago, because of a failed check valve, which allowed the fuel to drain back to the tank and cause hard starting. Then the owners would be burning out starters, Well, at least the pump is 1/4 the price now.

I won't be using any of the factory stuff except the pump hanger and lines. The pump will be a Walbro 255.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
@Woodslasher I’ve thought about learning to climb instead of that stupid lift…unreliable and lots of places I can’t get it in. I pretty much just do dead tree demo. what do you say @Woodpecker ?
Dead trees equal dead climbers. YMMV…

Maybe find a spider lift or a nifty lift sd64 in your area to rent? The nifty sd64’s are rock solid and can get into a lot of places. I’ll happily help ya learn to climb next time your in Michigan, but dead trees is expert level climbing.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dead trees equal dead climbers. YMMV…

Maybe find a spider lift or a nifty lift sd64 in your area to rent? The nifty sd64’s are rock solid and can get into a lot of places. I’ll happily help ya learn to climb next time your in Michigan, but dead trees is expert level climbing.
Even if they petrify instead of rotting! Ha!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Even if they petrify instead of rotting! Ha!
I’m not going to lie and say I never climb dead trees. There is just no good way for me to impart 20+ years of experience without you working with me day in and day out. Give me a year and I’d have you climbing trees like a boss, but aside from that, the best policy is for me to tell you to not climb dead trees.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not going to lie and say I never climb dead trees. There is just no good way for me to impart 20+ years of experience without you working with me day in and day out. Give me a year and I’d have you climbing trees like a boss, but aside from that, the best policy is for me to tell you to not climb dead trees.

Amen.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What gear are you interested in? I have a saddle, and some good gaffs I'd sell.
Well right now I have no (usable) gear, but a neighbor has a Peztl harness and possibly a set of gaffs I know I could borrow (He's in his mid-60's and isn't planning on climbing more trees anytime soon). So, basically I need a flip line and probably some rope, and depending on whether my neighbor's gaffs are pole or tree gaffs I may need a set of gaffs.

The ones I borrowed were a funky getup called Wolf Claw Climbing Spurs, I thought they were pretty comfortable and pleasant to wear but the internet just told me they're junk. Regardless, if I could find a set of those I'd be happy to pick them up. They're the ones on the left below:
bootshortbelt%20copy.jpg

Tbrown

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At that price I would buy a new freezer and fill it from her. That is cheaper than I can raise and have processed at .44 cents per pound. I haven't shopped for beef since the last time I had one butchered but hamburger was $3 to $4 a pound for the cheap stuff.
I think he says he paid $11/pound. I'd say that's higher than I've seen around here. This fall my uncle was at $2.25 hanging, plus processing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well right now I have no (usable) gear, but a neighbor has a Peztl harness and possibly a set of gaffs I know I could borrow (He's in his mid-60's and isn't planning on climbing more trees anytime soon). So, basically I need a flip line and probably some rope, and depending on whether my neighbor's gaffs are pole or tree gaffs I may need a set of gaffs.

The ones I borrowed were a funky getup called Wolf Claw Climbing Spurs, I thought they were pretty comfortable and pleasant to wear but the internet just told me they're junk. Regardless, if I could find a set of those I'd be happy to pick them up. They're the ones on the left below:
bootshortbelt%20copy.jpg

Everything I have in rope is pretty old now, I wouldn't climb with it after it being stored so long. I'll dig out the gaffs and get a picture.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was buying it from the producer.
Small local farm she raises the steers has them butchered then sells the beef

Yes the total was $550.00 canukistan pesos. About $440.00 USD
Ok. That makes more sense to my sleep deprived noggin. $2.50 to $3.00 hanging weight and the buyer pays the processing fee. Might need to raise the price a bit to pay for the added fuel cost in haying this year though. Current prices on hoof around here are any where from $1.25 to $2.25 at local sale barn.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1629752168281.jpg
Three months ago. Lower prices are heifers and higher ones are 275 to 400lb range steers. More will go away this coming week especially the one I brought home from the neighbors across the highway. She is so high strung pacing the fence in the corral that I'm not chancing her getting out again. Only about 325lbs but not worth the risk right next to the highway. Better she be someone else's problem.