huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've chewed since I was 18. Gave it up about 15 years ago for a few weeks til I about *b-wordslapped everybody in my family. I don't know if I'd wanna go through it again.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at it this way. I'll be damned if I'll be a slave to any weed.

Same for me Ross. I have been addicted to alcohol, narcotics, and tobacco. Tobacco was the toughest to kick. I'll be damned if I will go through life hooked on any substance.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stopped Copenhagen in 1994. Had just started dating my wife at that time and she told me that is the most disgusting habit I've ever seen. You will not chew that s;$; if you want to go out with me. I figured oh well what's a couple weeks of not chewing. You can tell I had high expectations of our new relationship. Will be married to her 20 years in November. Go figure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The first time I tried to quit smoking was a disaster. I was a pain in the ass for everyone. Hell I even hurt my contractor's salesman's feelings. When you hurt a salesman's feelings you've really done something.
Salesmen are like herpes, they'll come back no matter what.

stihl saws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I quite smoking 2 packs a day a while back. I still want one sometimes and sometimes the smell makes me sick. Used to dip as a side hobby... I still chew mint tea chew. No bad stuff, but I need something to chew on sometimes. I hope my kids never start tobacco.
I smoked for several years. Decided to quit about 6 years ago. The smell of them now makes me sick, too.

stihl saws

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Has anybody here ever quit dipping before? I did almost 2 weeks ago and boy does it suck. I sure hope it gets better soon, at least before the wife asks for a divorce!
Tobacco is tough to quit. You just need the will power to do it. Everyday does get easier. Years later you'll wonder why you used that stuff.

38f20

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at it this way. I'll be damned if I'll be a slave to any weed.
That is the exact thought I had and the reason I made my decision. That and I had been noticing every picture I was in I had a crooked smile. Lol. The good lord knows I don't need anything making me look any uglier in a photo!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep @ it Wes. Start a jar and put the money in it as you would have bought cans. It'll add up quick and you can buy the kids something to represent your quitting. It'll help keeping the commitment to them.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i don't drink my doctor told me not because my heart is not the greatest i quit smoking years ago and went to dipping not to quit but to save to money since smoking got to expensive. i dip but not excessively 1/3 to 1/2 can per day.
one of the few pleasures i have in this life wish i could kick my pain pill habit but the RA in my hands,wrist and feet is what is keeping me.
all i got to say is good luck nicotine is harder to kick than most other drugs.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I quit the smokes 16-18 years ago. Best thing I ever did. I just gave up caffeine about a month ago and I don't miss it much either. Got tired of having heartburn from hell. So far it's about half as bad as before so I'm gonna stick with it.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I gave up sugar after having Lyme's. It really messed me up... That has been the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced. I have yet to stick with it for more than a few months. I just need my cookies....

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gave up sugar after having Lyme's. It really messed me up... That has been the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced. I have yet to stick with it for more than a few months. I just need my cookies....
I just got over Lyme. Do you have any lasting effects?