Project Farm testing of counterfeit rechargeable batteries

Sloughfoot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figures. Be better if he'd only tested Milwaukee or Makita batteries. From my experience repairing DeWalt tools, DeWalt counterfeits DeWalt.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figures. Be better if he'd only tested Milwaukee or Makita batteries. From my experience repairing DeWalt tools, DeWalt counterfeits DeWalt tools.

I think DeWalt has so many different companies making their stuff, it's hard to know what's OEM and what isn't.

Of course, most businesses with production work in China are required to give their patents and proprietary designs to the Chinese government...

Sloughfoot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think DeWalt has so many different companies making their stuff, it's hard to know what's OEM and what isn't.

Of course, most businesses with production work in China are required to give their patents and proprietary designs to the Chinese government...
Yeh, don't know what they do now but they used to constantly change suppliers. Couldn't simply order the right part with the model number.

Last edited:

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
U get what you pay.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting video.

Hard to tell them apart from appearance and packaging.

Battery life can also be an issue.

I have some 13+ year old, Oregon, 40V batteries, that still hold a charge, although, not as much as when new.

With my Redback 120V batteries, I had over a 50% failure rate; some with only a few charge cycles. If the company / warranty is not there to support it, those can be expensive failures.

Philbert

Last edited: