High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Project Cars

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
WOW!!! Lot of work Sir!! Always thought the Chevelle's were one of GM's better muscle cars. If I could get my hands on a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, that would be my classic dream car. One that is in terrible shape the last I looked was selling for $25k.....

Pic for reference:

1957_Cadillac_EldoradoBrougham4.jpg

1-Trans.jpg

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
WOW!!! Lot of work Sir!! Always thought the Chevelle's were one of GM's better muscle cars. If I could get my hands on a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham, that would be my classic dream car. One that is in terrible shape the last I looked was selling for $25k.....

Pic for reference:

1-Trans.jpg

Those are really cool cars I especially like the limousine. Big iron!

I will tell you its cheaper to buy one built a d let someone else take the hit on restoration.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice touch on powdering the frame. Muhself would have kept the narrow rear... did that swap a few times. It's not relevant now with wheels to fit anything but you can get more tire under them if you run that rear and move the wheel houses in.

Nice job on the build so far and keep that tac.
What do you plan to put on top of the engine? Show, go or oh no?

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds similar to the story of my 67 Chevelle.
My Dad and I bought it together back 2000, 2001? Drove it around the block then took it apart.
Many new parts and cusswords later its now a roller.
Body and frame are done.
Suspension is under it.
Wheels, tires, brakes on, but no plumbing.
Needs engine, trans, all wiring, all brake and fuel plumbing and interior finished..

Working on cars all day every day has me not wanting to work on it. Have not touched it in 3 years.
I really should get my ass going on it..

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My Dad and I bought it together back 2000, 2001? Drove it around the block then took it apart.
Body and frame are done.
Suspension is under it.
Needs engine, trans, all wiring, all brake and fuel plumbing and interior finished..

Working on cars all day every day has me not wanting to work on it. Have not touched it in 3 years.
Do the thing you hate first like rusty parts and finishing all the smalls to put back on. If you hate interior work like me send it to a guy and be done. Get the top finished while there if needed. Then you'll finish it with a nice place to cruise and be comfy. First thing to change in your street rod is having a great power seat for long runs. I like mid to late 60's caddy power seats myself. Big and comfy 60/40 split.

Last edited:

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pic for reference:

1-Trans.jpg
I could have bought one in red and white when i was 14 had the money$500.00.The lady didn't want to drive it anymore,she had just done 125 miles of winter driving for the first time in her life,she was done and selling the car and going home to Texas.
Dad stepped in and wouldn't allow it.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice touch on powering the frame. Muhself would have kept the narrow rear... did that swap a few times. It's not relevant now with wheels to fit anything but you can get more tire under them if you run that rear and move the wheel houses in.

Nice job on the build so far and keep that tac.
What do plan to put on top of the engine? Show, go or oh no?

Thank ya sir. The thought had crossed my mind of putting a set of mini-tubs in because we were right there and the outer wheel wells were already trashed. Right now I have a set of 15" rallys on the frame but will most likely go with a set of 17" US mags.

On the engine I go back and forth between big block or LS. I've looked at Skip White's package crate motors, those are really nice. Either a 496 or 572. But the LS engines are just so easy to build power with a lot less money. I have seen a lot of guys making tons of power with stock bottom end LS. Right now I have bigblock/AC springs, but that's not a big deal to swap. Keep thinking that I will find a bigblock take out from someone doing a LS swap.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How are the trailer tires for burnouts?

LMAO I had the frame out and was tearing it down when I finally noticed that they said for trailers only. I'm guessing the originals rallys got donated to something else long ago.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank ya sir. The thought had crossed my mind of putting a set of mini-tubs in because we were right there and the outer wheel wells were already trashed. Right now I have a set of 15" rallys on the frame but will most likely go with a set of 17" US mags.

On the engine I go back and forth between big block or LS. I've looked at Skip White's package crate motors, those are really nice. Either a 496 or 572. But the LS engines are just so easy to build power with a lot less money. I have seen a lot of guys making tons of power with stock bottom end LS. Right now I have bigblock/AC springs, but that's not a big deal to swap. Keep thinking that I will find a bigblock take out from someone doing a LS swap.
Why not a Sonny Leonard 770? Oh yeah, money

496 yeah the 572 takes so much special chit and the cooling system will be horrendous or expensive. One rad or three?

Now you can put in a damn near stock LS anything with a power adder and make 700-800 hp on pump gas. It is hard to argue with big block bulk but you break a lot less getting away from the beautiful beast in the end. It will stick to the road like glue with a built up power added 5.4 5.7 6.0 or other in LS formats.

You can go eights now on nine inch tires if you can drive the mfer. I've seen 502's going 8.80's on 29 9.0" scary.... in a Real Chevelle... 68' like yours, all steel with bumpers or what's left of the rear one ;-)

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Body and frame are done.
Suspension is under it.

Yes Ive seen a lot of cars at this stage get sold because of people loosing interest or funds. Post some pictures of your Chevelle when you can.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool I like it. What engine trans? SuperSport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a 283 powerglide car.
Some *dipstick hacked the floor and installed a saginaw 3 speed.
Then a dash, pedals and column out of a 66...which is different than a 67...

I have a rebuildable aluminum block 6.2 sitting here.
I also wanted to go with a 6l80 auto, but the entire tunnel would need to get cut out and re-done so it will likely get a 4l80.
My Dad and I started looking at crate engine/trans combos just to make life easier knowing the heads, cam, torque converter etc will all play nice without guesswork.
Plus, he's not getting any younger and I'm not getting any less sick of working on cars so anything to simplify is good.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool project! What are your goals as far as the finished product? Are you looking to run the track or a Sunday cruiser? What’s the longest distance you can see yourself traveling etc. it all plays into the full build scheme, I have a buddy with a skip white 572 in a camaro, I am running a small block in my camaro

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cool project! What are your goals as far as the finished product? Are you looking to run the track or a Sunday cruiser? What’s the longest distance you can see yourself traveling etc. it all plays into the full build scheme, I have a buddy with a skip white 572 in a camaro, I am running a small block in my camaro

My goal is a weekend cruiser and I’m sure it will end up at the track. We normally run a few times on play night then set back and watch everyone else break. It probably wont be driven more than a 100 miles to a show or drive in.

How is drivability on your buddy’s 572? Is he running an automatic? What year is your Camaro?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love nasty cams and wild motors, but they are not practical, and if you don’t have the tires and drive train they can be a nightmare! An ls is a great motor, but if they are stock it’s not crazy power either, 300-425hp for the majority of them, that’s plenty of power to have lots of fun, most people haven’t really driven 400hp in an old car, with 15” street tires you will have plenty of wheel spin. A mild bbc is a great cruiser and can make a pile of torque, most people use power under 4K than over 4K, so it’s better to build it for how you drive, especially if it’s a cruiser. Mpg also comes into play if you drive a lot, if your under 10 mpg then you won’t drive it! Lol 10 gallons to go 100miles gets old fast! You will drive it a lot more if you can get 15+ mpg.
My buddy’s 572 has good power, it make 707 on the engine dyno, he originally had fitech on it with 3/4 length headers and that choked it down to 460 hp to the wheels! He just spent a fortune on elderbrock pro flow injection, lemons headers $2500, and a 6-speed, I haven’t driven in it since, but he stoped by and it sounds great, he is happy with it now. It spins the tires in 1-2 and a little in third, he has 275/40/17 rears and Toyo tires a step down from mine. The throttle response was really good with the pro-flow and new exhaust, but lacking with the fitech.
I have a 68 camaro, car weighs 3275, so it’s not a feather but not a tank either.