Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
4:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy Gents

I’m looking for a mostly complete Jonsered 2156/59. I don’t need the carb, intake track or p&c. A couple other missing smalls is fine but I need a saw that looks fairly nice.

Back story:
A buddy of mine has helped me out a lot with a hybrid project I’m doing. In the process he contributed a nice 670 jug and intake. I couldn’t bring myself to Frankenstein it onto the ugly old Husky I’m building. I’m hoping to give it back to him ported and bolted into a 21 series Jonsered.

Let me know what you got. I have a fair pile of stuff to trade or cash is fine. No hurry on my end.

Thanks everybody.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
6:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm here now. All of my 6 and 9 projects are orange, so I guess that makes them 7s and 9s. Good luck with your search @Ketchup , I've been seeing some dumb prices for all things jred lately.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
6:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry @Ketchup, Only way I can help on this search is a chassis for that cylinder you got. Like the other Tim said that series was expensive 2-3 years ago. GLWS.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool project. You Facebook? If not I could ask the Jred group there. Maybe try the Jred thread here?
@cuinrearview @timg @Johnmn

OPE is as close to social media as I get.

I'm here now. All of my 6 and 9 projects are orange, so I guess that makes them 7s and 9s. Good luck with your search @Ketchup , I've been seeing some dumb prices for all things jred lately.

It’s a funny thing. I like Jonsered but not enough to pay extra for it. My buddy has a lot of nostalgia wrapped up in it though. And around here it makes his saws distinctive. Most everybody runs Stihl, some Husky. His are about the only red saws around. I’ll keep looking. I appreciate the responses!

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Purdy…

I wish people posted stuff like that around here. Most of the time the only thing that ever shows up is clapped clamshells rotted with ethanol. “Just needs a tune-up”…

A guy reached out to me a bit closer to home. Deal pending.