High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

ported 661 baffle in muffler vs baffle out

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's true with a 660. Might not with the 661. It can be leaned on more than a 660 it seems. The m tronic keeps adjusting at full load at whatever rpm. So it may have a flatter torque curve.
836db179b11af0bf58eb6f52bfe9ea55.jpg

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I build lots of them I think anyway but I only post about or do threads on the interesting ones to try and be different because after all I do this for a living and if I do the same as everyone else why would anybody hire me?

I'm not sure you need to be different Jason. I think it comes down to personality and attitude. If people like you and the way they are dealt with, they tell others and work comes your way. It's nice to have a unique product, but it's not necessary. I can buy my groceries at 4 different supermarkets near me. I prefer one, my neighbor prefers another. It's the same food...

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
8:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not sure you need to be different Jason. I think it comes down to personality and attitude. If people like you and the way they are dealt with, they tell others and work comes your way. It's nice to have a unique product, but it's not necessary. I can buy my groceries at 4 different supermarkets near me. I prefer one, my neighbor prefers another. It's the same food...
I try to explain this all the time but here goes against.
I port saws and do several every week and the biggest part of them are for the logging woods here at home and I never really talk about them because they're just another ported saw so.
It's only the saws from the forums that I get asked to do videos or threads on and that's a very small percentage of the saws I do but the few I do from the forum are from people who want a saw That's as fast as I can make it,I'm asked that everyday and not once has anyone told me to make one like anybody else's or to make sure that it's not to fast.
If how the owner of the saw wants it ported bothers anyone else well that's insane.
These aren't my saws and there not done the way I want them to be,there done the way the owner wants them and if that isn't the way you like them then I think your to worried about what other people are doing.
It's Monday morning and everyone is going to there jobs doing whatever but I'm going to the shop to build Cole armbruster the fast ms361 I can because that's what he paid me to do and I apologize to anyone who won't like it that way.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used too work at Boston Market they had a squash zucchini casserole man it was good about the only thing I miss from there oh and corn bread

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For the egomaniacs let me be clear about the 361 I'm going to port today.
I said as fast as I can make it, is it faster than anyone else's? I don't know or care he wants it as fast as I can make it,not faster than Randy's or Scott's or anyone else's. I hope it's not to fast to offend the work saw guys but it can't be to slow or it will be a turd.
It's pretty hilarious to see this from my point of view.
There's a lot of people who need to step away from saws for awhile.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I port saws and do several every week and the biggest part of them are for the logging woods here at home and I never really talk about them because they're just another ported saw so.
It's only the saws from the forums that I get asked to do videos or threads on and that's a very small percentage of the saws I do but the few I do from the forum are from people who want a saw That's as fast as I can make it,I'm asked that everyday and not once has anyone told me to make one like anybody else's or to make sure that it's not to fast.
If how the owner of the saw wants it ported bothers anyone else well that's insane.
These aren't my saws and there not done the way I want them to be,there done the way the owner wants them and if that isn't the way you like them then I think your to worried about what other people are doing.
It's Monday morning and everyone is going to there jobs doing whatever but I'm going to the shop to build Cole armbruster the fast ms361 I can because that's what he paid me to do and I apologize to anyone who won't like it that way.

I wasn't trying to say you were doing it wrong, just giving a different perspective of the world based on your comment about needing to do it different.
For me other guys that do what I do are not competition, they are "brothers". In my opinion, we need each other, because I certainly cannot do it all. And if we have each other's back, we all can flourish.
Unfortunately most in my area don't see it that way.

No harm meant, carry on.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Jason , when you ported my 660 i was pretty straight forward with you i wanted a reliable worker not a racer right ?

You told me to keep the wider weave screens in..right ?

You said in a post when you take a saw to a certain point that something like pulling a screen/opening up the muffler can hurt performance..and told me to leave the darker screens in mine. .. right ?

Where does my saw stand ?

Im confused.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's a everyday run of the mill work saw.
It has the big screens in it at first but after I redone it is don't remember what was in it but usually I use the fine oem screens and no dp cover but it does have a dp cover.
I think it's 98 120 82 and 180lb or so but don't quote me on it and it ran like a work saw as you see in the video I posted.
Nothing flashy

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Jason , when you ported my 660 i was pretty straight forward with you i wanted a reliable worker not a racer right ?

You told me to keep the wider weave screens in..right ?

You said in a post when you take a saw to a certain point that something like pulling a screen/opening up the muffler can hurt performance..and told me to leave the darker screens in mine. .. right ?

Where does my saw stand ?

Im confused.
It's a work saw like I build for the loggers here,nothing flashy.
I've said many times on here and we talked about it,however the muffler is when you get it is how I wanted it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason.

This whole thing has nothing to do with chainsaws.

I'm done. You will never get it anyway.

Have a great day.

I thought it was about the chicks man

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought it was about the chicks man

nah dude it's all about getting a rental hog from Randy or a rental goat from Ted.

See at least with Randy you can get your rental hog finger ported. But on the other hand you will get a full lifetime manufacturer's warranty with Ted, cuz he's a bonafide, certified and bonded Dealer in Goats.

Now, if those don't work for ya, there is always..

15ds9ir.jpg

P.S> you sheeplovers sure know how to derail a thread! :cunaooooo:

Last edited: