USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
1:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought the Dewalt. It was $199 at Tractor Supply. I literally just got a 10% off coupon from them so, I got $20 bucks off of that.

I'll mess with it this weekend, & report back.

I had gone by a couple Husky/Stihl dealers, & all anyone had in stock was, the HT56 for $350. Only one of those at that. Both places said, they've not been getting much from the Mfg's lately. In addition to that, neither of the guys I talked to were real impressed with the HT56. Getting the Dewalt for half the price of that, seemed like a no brainer. We'll see what happens...
Was interested in picking up the 20V Max DeWalt blower they have...checked around and can’t find any working TSC coupons or otherwise for tools/power equipment.

66Fleetside

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve owned my Harbor Freight Lynxx for 2-3 years, use the heck out of it....and it does t what I need it to do. No kidding.

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Was interested in picking up the 20V Max DeWalt blower they have...checked around and can’t find any working TSC coupons or otherwise for tools/power equipment.
The coupon I'm referring to, is a perk for being in their, "neighbors club". They kick those out I wanna say every quarter, or a couple times/year.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have the ppt2620 echo as well. its a sweet unit. specs on paper, it looks like the stihl units have “more power”. but...first: 4-mix is ghey. second: the shaft on the stihl saws ive used is like tin foil, any little impact and they bend and are useless. the echo shaft is much more beefy, and can withstand a solid impact (ask me how i know...). but as said above, if youre already into the line of battery tools, and only need it for occasional branches, go for that. but ill say the 2620 has absolutely paid for itself for me in the last couple years
I agree with the lighter shaft statement I have an ht101, still not really understanding of the hate for the 4mix though. All the blowers, weed whips I’ve dealt with ran excellent. They’re fairly quiet and easy on gas. Just my experience and opinion

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking about finally getting one, looking for recommendations.

I'm starting to rethink the ladder/saw combo, & the, put a buddy in the bucket of the front end loader program too. Both have served me well over the years with no accidents. Definitely don't want to change that.

I live on 30 acres mostly wooded. Have several trees close to structures, & multiple roads/trails that go into the woods. My go to routine lately has been, to stand in the back of the mule with the 353. That's a Kawasaki side by side, for the wise guys. I don't have a Donkey :cool:

While I'm confident with saws, & feel I could make a purchase in most classes without additional consultation, I'm pretty ignorant to the pole saw/pruner world, as I don't have a lot of experience with one. Thought I'd defer to y'all before I bought one I regretted buying.

I've always been a loyal Husky guy but, I'm open to other brands for this piece of equipment. I don't want to buy junk, but at the same time, I don't want to spend retarded money on something I'll use occasionally either.

Thoughts ? Recommendations ?
I have run all the gas ones. Have Stihls echo and two Husqvarnas. The old echo of mine was good 261 I think. Bought a new one cant keep it togetger. Broke 2 couplers between powerhead a pole now pole casing. Stihl is big and heavy. Imo the husqvarna is the best today. I havent tried any electric.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
still not really understanding of the hate for the 4mix though. All the blowers, weed whips I’ve dealt with ran excellent. They’re fairly quiet and easy on gas.
most of my shade on the 4-mix comes from the backpack blowers. its ok for the average johnny homeowner. but i work stuff hard. every single br700 or similar that ive seen ends up the same way, it chowders that little plastic cam gear and nukes the whole engine. that same plastic cam gear is in every 4-mix. that to me is an engineered weakness, done to keep costs down and johnny homeowner coming back for dealer service. one of the golf courses i worked at had a boneyard full of br 700s. all of which would be considered “low hours” by a person who uses them every day, like me. they now uses husky/redmax blowers. no issues. my oldest redmax has hundreds of hours. starts and runs like the day i bought it (7 years ago). 4-mix to me is like a *f-wordin wildthing. good enough for homeowner for a few hours a year, but not a professional quality tool, in my experience.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
to be fair, when they work, the 4-mix trimmers are user friendly, loads of torque. but, id still prefer my echo trimmer/polesaw, thats more durable for less money.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
most of my shade on the 4-mix comes from the backpack blowers. its ok for the average johnny homeowner. but i work stuff hard. every single br700 or similar that ive seen ends up the same way, it chowders that little plastic cam gear and nukes the whole engine. that same plastic cam gear is in every 4-mix. that to me is an engineered weakness, done to keep costs down and johnny homeowner coming back for dealer service. one of the golf courses i worked at had a boneyard full of br 700s. all of which would be considered “low hours” by a person who uses them every day, like me. they now uses husky/redmax blowers. no issues. my oldest redmax has hundreds of hours. starts and runs like the day i bought it (7 years ago). 4-mix to me is like a *freakin' wildthing. good enough for homeowner for a few hours a year, but not a professional quality tool, in my experience.
So would changing the little plastic cam gear every so many hours to save the engine is a huge deal? This is a question not a statement of anyone being lazy. Lots of things use nylon gears for its self lubricating property “plus quiet compared to metal on metal” but maybe some aftermarket company should make a brass or bronze replacement. Don’t know what low hours is but my dads br600 probably has 2-300 hours on it been good. I realize this is probably low compared to that golf course ones I’m sure. I bought a br350 last year for myself and while not as strong as the 600 it blows well and has a 62cc 2-mix in it.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So would changing the little plastic cam gear every so many hours to save the engine is a huge deal? This is a question not a statement of anyone being lazy. Lots of things use nylon gears for its self lubricating property “plus quiet compared to metal on metal” but maybe some aftermarket company should make a brass or bronze replacement. Don’t know what low hours is but my dads br600 probably has 2-300 hours on it been good. I realize this is low compared to that golf course ones I’m sure. I bought a br350 last year for myself and while not as strong as the 600 it blows well and has a 62cc 2-mix in it.
u ever run an ebz8500? they make a br600 looks like a can of keyboard duster. and they just *f-wording run. in all fairness ive not had any experience with the 700, so i cant speak to those.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure the 8500 is what made the 700 come out but now they have an 800. The 600 is plenty for what I need I was moving wet leaves with my 350 the other day just not as fast

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking about finally getting one, looking for recommendations.

I'm starting to rethink the ladder/saw combo, & the, put a buddy in the bucket of the front end loader program too. Both have served me well over the years with no accidents. Definitely don't want to change that.

I live on 30 acres mostly wooded. Have several trees close to structures, & multiple roads/trails that go into the woods. My go to routine lately has been, to stand in the back of the mule with the 353. That's a Kawasaki side by side, for the wise guys. I don't have a Donkey :cool:

While I'm confident with saws, & feel I could make a purchase in most classes without additional consultation, I'm pretty ignorant to the pole saw/pruner world, as I don't have a lot of experience with one. Thought I'd defer to y'all before I bought one I regretted buying.

I've always been a loyal Husky guy but, I'm open to other brands for this piece of equipment. I don't want to buy junk, but at the same time, I don't want to spend retarded money on something I'll use occasionally either.

Thoughts ? Recommendations ?
I just bot an Echo gas powered power pruner, Echo PPF-225. Bottom line - the saw is a great saw. Very light and easy to swing around, and can use it for several hours without fatigue. I'm 69 now, and not able to throw stuff around like I did when I was a kid. Like all Echo products, it starts very easily. You will get a 5 year warranty with it as long as it's not being used for commercial purposes.

Buy any Echo product with confidence. You will soon forget how to spell "Husky". If somebody swiped mine, I would buy another one in a second and not think twice about it. Any more questions, fire away.

Last edited:

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forum member 66Fleetside recommended a Harbor Freight Lynxx polesaw ( see above ). I just checked HF and it says that they are "On Clearance" for $160.00. If the saw is as good as Fleetside says, it looks like a steal to me. Not gas powered.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 4-mix are a great clever engine, I'm just not sure there suited well for trimmers or polesaws. I wanna get my 131 engine and fit it to my little Subaru Robin water pump. It would be great for this.

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another vote for the 2620. It's handles pretty well and always starts on the second pull. I'm a buy once cry once kinda guy, but the way I look at it, if you gotta trim 3 plus trees. It's worth springing for that 2620.

Also, once the branches are piled up. The long reach on the pole saw is pretty convenient to cut the pile into shorter sections.

I also like to use the pole saw for the occasion 1 or 2 quick cuts, when I don't want to put ppe on. The 7ft reach puts the blade pretty far away from you. Not recommended all the time, pretty convenient in a pinch.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First pole pruner - I have a Dewalt electric my mom gave me for christmas. Until yesterday, I had only done a little trimming with it. Pretty handy. Some acquaintances of mine have a tree between houses pushing down the fences and dragging on the roofs, it's just getting too big. They want it gone. So I took off most of it with the pruner from the roofs and ground. Started small and worked up. Wow, big mess fast, haha!. I realized I could get the rest of the tree with a bigger pruner (12" bar?) since I don't climb (yet anyway) and can't get a lift in there. Sounds like Echo is the one to get?

Allanb8d

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You won't regret it. Built like a tank and starts easily.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You won't regret it. Built like a tank and starts easily.
Absolutely. I forgot to mention it starts easily. Made with some technology Echo has that seems to relax the compression when you yank on the starter.