p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked on the P51 western yesterday, I have been trying to get spark from 3 coils. Baked them once for 2 hrs and no luck. Baked them again at 225 for 8 hrs.
On the 3rd try yesterday I got a nice spark from one. Checked it again and still was working I was pretty happy. Put the saw all together, gassed it up and it wouldn't fire, checked plug and no spark, lots of fuel flowing in.
Pretty frustrating, it's going back to the shelf until I find a different coil set up.
A 372 coil can be made to fit I believe.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 225751 View attachment 225752 Picked up a little saw today, $25 in good shape other than top cover , starts and runs good.
Good looking saw.
There are so many of them going into the dumpsters here these days, have been for the last 20 or so years that I don`t even pull them out any more. Shame though as most are not damaged much, its mostly the broken or missing airfilter covers, filters and fuel related bits that is the reason to dump them.

Svlmustang

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Almost .... this has turned into more money than I ever wanted to spend on this saw. Ah well

Svlmustang

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still think the p41 shroud should work. I'm not sure if I have a p45 shroud here. I have plenty of the 5 and 6 cube shrouds though.
Neither p41 or farmsaw will work. Tried them both. I'll take cylinder off and grind a couple fins down waiting on an intake gasket and coil anyway. The shroud will work then

Last edited:

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neither p41 or 45 will work. Tried them both. I'll take cylinder off and grind a couple fins down waiting on an intake gasket and coil anyway. The shroud will work then
Something is up with that for sure. Could have been a defect that the fins are that big. It won't hurt grinding a little off anyway.

Svlmustang

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Something is up with that for sure. Could have been a defect that the fins are that big. It won't hurt grinding a little off anyway.
I'll double check the part number when I take it off also one fin is touching the case that explains why I shocked myself trying to start it and the kill switch wouldn't work either

Svlmustang

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Okay so I took the cylinder off. It is part 433768. Anybody able to look that up? That isn't the one that rottmans has listed for the kit but it is what they sent me. P61 do u happen to have taken a picture of your cylinder number?