Trader history (0)

DrewUth

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got these saws in a trade, need to sell some saws off to pay for a new set of Ohlins for one of my Husky MX bikes. I haven't touched them since the spring and honestly I have no need to keep them around.

The 1200a ran and cut well, started easily. I was told the P40 ran fine when I got it, however I am fairly certain it needs a crank seal. It will start and run at low speeds but leans out as soon as you try and cut with it. Full wrap handle is very nice. The newer bar pictured on the P40 is not included: it will come with the 20" Pioneer bar pictured separately.

I'd like to get $75 each for them. They are both complete and not broken or battered physically- just cosmetically. Venmo or PP Friends an Family, buyer pays shipping

EDIT P40 is sold. Would trade 1200A for Echo Backpack blower parts- I have a PB500T that needs a top end.

Last edited:

DrewUth

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My '84 500XC is the current project. The Ohlins on it now are a spare set of my father's...I've been riding on them for a few months now and he says its time to get mine rebuilt and revalved.

IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0491.JPG

DrewUth

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The P40 is sold. 1200a still looking for a new home! It’s a runner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewUth

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2 shocks, no rads.
my kinda dirtbike.
single shock is ok, but have never put water in a bike.

I have plenty of modern bikes- real brakes, radiators, etc. And its nice every once in a while to pull one out and not have to think about it; starts easy, runs the same (perfect) every time, handles and stops on a dime, etc. But there's something missing...

I love my old bikes. You're much more involved, invested in the ride. They take a certain touch to start, they all have their handling quirks. May run differently depending on the weather. The constant tinkering, "what rattled off in the last 10 miles?". I guess the same goes for old saws! Its all about personality.

This bike got put together out of boxes. '83 175 frame, '85 500 lower end, '84 500 top end, '96 KTM forks, '81 KTM front wheel...a little bit of everything all working together.

DrewUth

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got my new Ohlins, and the P40 is sold, but the 1200a is still looking for a new home. Willing to trade for Echo backpack blower parts! I have a PB500T that needs a top end.