OK, didn't see this coming

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And lost by a at least 25 years old husqvarna.

I didn't even watch the video, how bad was it ?

Not sticking up for the 500..but..you really gotta run them for a while to get them good and loose, whether that would make a difference in this comparison I don't really know.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't even watch the video, how bad was it ?

About a tenth (maybe a little more) of a second. It was so close if you blinked you missed it.

Really, it could simply be how the saw was handled. If you watch closely, the 500i was slower in the small ends of the log.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About a tenth (maybe a little more) of a second. It was so close if you blinked you missed it.

Really, it could simply be how the saw was handled. If you watch closely, the 500i was slower in the small ends of the log.

I think video comparisons are pointless..I kinda always did, I suppose it gives you an idea of what they run like but at the end of the day it's just something to entertain people that care. It's never decided a saw purchase for me..never will.

Then there's the variables...lol.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And lost by a at least 25 years old husqvarna.

Is this the dude that made a 50cc torque shootout with the modern 50cc saws, I think I watched that one a while back and all I got out of it was they were all within seconds of each other with a 32" bar...I think the 550 beat the 261 by a second or 2 and the 261 beat the 346 by basically the same.

Aka..no discernable difference in the real world.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this the dude that made a 50cc torque shootout with the modern 50cc saws, I think I watched that one a while back and all I got out of it was they were all within seconds of each other with a 32" bar...I think the 550 beat the 261 by a second or 2 and the 261 beat the 346 by basically the same.

Aka..no discernable difference in the real world.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
11:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya that one..lol..

Kinda kills the myth that a 346 kills all the 50cc saws on power eh' :lol:
I think stock 346s are reputed to be fast more than pull hard. I had a 261 that was pretty grunty. A ported red 550 that was a yawner. I had no interest in owning a 50cc or had never been impressed by one until I ran an XS. Pulls hard.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think stock 346s are reputed to be fast more than pull hard. I had a 261 that was pretty grunty. A ported red 550 that was a yawner. I had no interest in owning a 50cc or had never been impressed by one until I ran an XS. Pulls hard.

I bet if you took any of the modern 50cc saws ported by any of the guys that know what they're doing you'd be pressed to tell them apart from a power standpoint. After that it's about what you're used to and what you have access to especially if you have to maintain and count on them...or just what you like better.

The unicorn dust and fairy sprinkles that some people spread about these saws is hilarious to people that know better.