beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heck they may crack for all I know. We'll see just testing for now. Lot of people say the oak just cracks to chit.
I have some 2x8 and 4x4 red oak in the barn it's all got some cracks. I think it depends a lot on how you open it up. They say a good Sawyer can read the log.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some 2x8 and 4x4 red oak in the barn it's all got some cracks. I think it depends a lot on how you open it up. They say a good Sawyer can read the log.
Lol far from a expert here. Lots to learn for sure, but it sure was fun. My p51 with the square file self fed great. That saw is a animal though.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening guys,
not in good mood, worried about da house, found alot rottening in lots of the front fasade, one leaking/rotten window but it worry me that I found rotten planks in the middle of the fasade also, looks to be deep also ;( (hopefully it was the price of using high preasure washer years ago) will probleby knock out a few planks....dunno, with luck we're probleby speaking about 5000$ if I can do it all myself, if I need pro's (rotten construction bearings) it's probleby 15-20000$ ++

True legend:

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening guys,
not in good mood, worried about da house, found alot rottening in lots of the front fasade, one leaking/rotten window but it worry me that I found rotten planks in the middle of the fasade also, looks to be deep also ;( (hopefully it was the price of using high preasure washer years ago) will probleby knock out a few planks....dunno, with luck we're probleby speaking about 5000$ if I can do it all myself, if I need pro's (rotten construction bearings) it's probleby 15-20000$ ++

True legend:
That sucks Tor. I've been there,had to rebuild the front of our house 10-15 years ago because of a shoddy window install.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening guys,

True legend:
Damn Tor sorry to hear that! Hopefully it isnt too bad!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks Tor. I've been there,had to rebuild the front of our house 10-15 years ago because of a shoddy window install.
Damn Tor sorry to hear that! Hopefully it isnt too bad!
thanks guys, need some cheering up in the next days.
I'm super stressed about it, the stuff underneath the window is a simple work to get fixed, ain't much happening under them in damage except all the window support, planks, isolation, easy stuff + a new window.
It's the house wall in the middle who scares me, knowing there is a fat construction system there to carry the house and part of the roof in that area.
I can do alot myself, but a main contruction part like that is way outside my knowledge and skills.

A little questions for your guys, over in US, your guys mostly use windows with tree frames, or is it PVC frames who get mostly used?

Status
Not open for further replies.