Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what do you use to pull with ?
if it was me id make the side boards higher and do a different hydraulic cylinder

The cylinder would be different, based on what I can get here. The side boards...meh. I may even make them removable.

I'm towing with a 1995 Kia Sportage and a 2002 Jeep GC. Not looking for a big rig or overkill. They just aren't usable over here on these roads.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
7:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what do you use to pull with ?
if it was me id make the side boards higher and do a different hydraulic cylinder
I like that style cylinder, but it needs to be longer and moved forward about 4 ft. About the time you load that trailer front heavy, that setup seems like it would want to break the trailer bed in half

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks really nice. Dump trailers aren't popular over there?? Seems there's a dealer in every town around here.

They are but most are agricultural and use Pintle hooks. Most trailers here are either too big or too small--not much for happy medium. I'm wanting something that's pretty lightweight, but heavy enough to take some abuse.

My largest olive harvest was 1700kg so less than 4000 pounds. I got be able to manuever through fields with trees and pretty tight turning radiuses.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are but most are agricultural and use Pintle hooks. Most trailers here are either too big or too small--not much for happy medium. I'm wanting something that's pretty lightweight, but heavy enough to take some abuse.

My largest olive harvest was 1700kg so less than 4000 pounds. I got be able to manuever through fields with trees and pretty tight turning radiuses.
If pulling it with a smaller vehicle like you say, I'd still opt for a tandem axle. They pull a lot better without wandering as much

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If pulling it with a smaller vehicle like you say, I'd still opt for a tandem axle. They pull a lot better without wandering as much
Totally agree. The single axle I have here is like pulling a friggin bus when it's loaded down. I wouldn't recommend it for a small vehicle at all.

It's great in the woods behind the tractor but I'm not sure if that's reason enough to hang on to it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally agree. The single axle I have here is like pulling a friggin bus when it's loaded down. I wouldn't recommend it for a small vehicle at all.

It's great in the woods behind the tractor but I'm not sure if that's reason enough to hang on to it.

Pics of single axle dump bed.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that style cylinder, but it needs to be longer and moved forward about 4 ft. About the time you load that trailer front heavy, that setup seems like it would want to break the trailer bed in half
i was looking at the end at the bed looks kinda small if it was me id use a couple 2.5 inch or a couple 3 inch cylinders
a dump trailer is something i am wanting to build sometime in the future

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here ya go bish... phone camera sucks in low light.
bfb9aa840734b9eff7b5a69c9860c409.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.