Local time
6:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Seriously serious question.

2007 Camry 4 banger 175k asking $4500
Worth it or not?
I say 4200 but I'm a cheapo

Needs clear... chalky white paint on the top side.
Needs nothing mechanically I'm told.... everything works... will see.
A title. All records for service history. Original one owner. No rust at all.
Mike is my mother and father in-laws mechanic for twenty plus years, he is letting it go. Bought it for a shop runner and decided not to do it. Then he repoed the Jeep last week he sold to his mechanic because that guy need to pay for a ring for his women or some bs idk. Went to look at the Jeep. The Jeep has rot. Junk to us. This was next to it and I asked... he said 4500 my car.
Pat, my wifes moms husband is buying it for us and we are passing down the 2000 Camry to our daughter this summer after it gets a motor... long story there. Solid car. Came from them.

Kimmy likes this deal... me too. Ry could care less, meh.
I'm happy :D it will cost me a g plus clear coat. I can prep and edge it out. Drop off to a Macco for clear on the top and call it done.

Full service records.

Opinions please.

Oh btw he just serviced everything including the trans. Fresh brakes. Tires are good. It will need exhaust in a year or two. Clean chassis. It can be on the rack in a half hour from now for my inspection. I will road test it and check stuff over. Just came back home to check any service updates or recalls on this model.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Worth it or not?

Mike is my mother and father in-laws mechanic for twenty plus years, he is letting it go. Bought it for a shop runner and decided not to do it. Then he repoed the Jeep last week he sold to his mechanic because that guy need to pay for a ring for his women or some bs idk. Went to look at the Jeep. The Jeep has rot. Junk to us. This was next to it and I asked... he said 4500 my car.
Pat, my wifes moms husband is buying it for us and we are passing down the 2000 Camry to our daughter this summer after it gets a motor... long story there. Solid car. Came from them.

I'm happy :D it will cost me a g plus clear coat. I can prep and edge it out. Drop off to a Macco for clear on the top and call it done.

Full service records.

Opinions please.

Oh btw he just serviced everything including the trans. Fresh brakes. Tires are good. It will need exhaust in a year or two. Clean chassis. It can be on the rack in a half hour from now for my inspection. I will road test it and check stuff over. Just came back home to check any service updates or recalls on this model.

They aren't sexy but they are solid. It's pretty hard to go wrong with a early/mid 2000s Camry Kenny. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Worth it or not?

Full service records.

Opinions please.

That's too high. Offer $3k, that's what the KBB market rate will be worth for the age and miles. The 2.0 VVTi is a very good engine that will last a long time. Just make sure the vcg gasket has been replaced, check timing chain and belt as well and you're golden. Run Synthetic High Mileage oil and a Wix filter. Can you delete the cat where you are or no? Are you going to mod it at all? Maaco is usually $200 to $300 for a service like that. I say get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like were all on the same page. If he eats the brake fluid service and it's not due for a chain or belt.... I guess I'm heading back over there then. 4200 here for good Kbb ...

No mods.
Going to TN twice this year.
July Fourth Dance Nationals.... we made the 8hand!
October Chain Saw Nationals Cuttle, Cottle or Cattle Lane? :nusenuse:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the road now. Its tight. Better tunes than the 2000 we have. Every service is being done, tune up, new brakes, services everything. Turn key 4500 done. I told him drive it for the weekend. I'll take it Monday. Heading back. Happy Day!

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You might not think I got a good deal but after asking about the service records.... they are in his computer since 2013. It started it's service life at his shop. The women bought the car from a dealer we suspect with around thirty thousand on it. The title is in Mike's name prefixed A, dated 1/23/2020 @163k now the clock says 164k. The first recorded service work started at 53k in his system. Turn key including all fluid services, fresh oil change and new brakes ain't a bad deal at all. Tires are 2/3 of new and nice. The flex pipe exhaust connection is replaced and the flanges show their age. No big deal. I usually chop them off and replace with stainless steel band clamps... no worries. It needs a detailing bad and some fresh clear on top. Never hit or hurt. White with tan interior. Left rear window was stuck. Worked it loose. Bet it was never opened lol. Didn't know we were getting another car today. It will be ready Monday for pick up.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a way to spend a damn Friday...from 7a to 4p in a recurring, annual class. Flightline Driving and Safety of all things. Used to be about a 4 hr refresher after the very first initial class...too many knuckleheads now driving carts, tugs, forklifts, etc and getting their asses written up constantly so now it’s back to the all-day affair for everybody.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What a way to spend a damn Friday...from 7a to 4p in a recurring, annual class. Flightline Driving and Safety of all things. Used to be about a 4 hr refresher after the very first initial class...too many knuckleheads now driving carts, tugs, forklifts, etc and getting their asses written up constantly so now it’s back to the all-day affair for everybody.
That SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.