Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening smellers, had to do another temporary repair on the boiler again today. The other side started to leak in the apex of the corner where the weld didn't quite get up high enough. Will tear it all apart come summer time, for now epoxy is doing the job.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Evening slackers and yackers...last but not least the hackers.

Does it take you three hours or more to pic apart and eighty or so foot white pine? Power lines on both sides but not really in the way much. They pull them back. Touched two with the tip. Just the tip ;)
Just curious how slow I am now

Wudeyemiss :rolleyes:...

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening guys. Cold bug has hit me this time. Sinuses are pounding...

Good evening guys. Finished and going home. Hoping no iguana falls out onto my truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That story was on the news at 6 here. Crazy business for sure.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Evening slackers and yackers...last but not least the hackers.

Does it take you three hours or more to pic apart and eighty or so foot white pine? Power lines on both sides but not really in the way much. They pull them back. Touched two with the tip. Just the tip ;)
Just curious how slow I am now

Wudeyemiss :rolleyes:...

Without pics to visualize wut your saying it's hard to say. I'd probably want to take it slow with targets (power lines, house, garage, hot 18 y.o. daughter by the pool). So yeah 3 hours doesn't seem too bad for a little 80' white pine.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
86161051.jpg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Without pics to visualize wut your saying it's hard to say. I'd probably want to take it slow with targets (power lines, house, garage, hot 18 y.o. daughter by the pool). So yeah 3 hours doesn't seem too bad for a little 80' white pine.
Yard tree. Right next to everything including the neighbors. First limb....25ft 9" stuff. Tight ring sets.... then it got clustered.
I dropped maybe ten tiny ten foot sucker limbs off. Hung four or five doubles on smaller stuff. Roped the other eighty plus...one by one. Is there there another way?.... Tight tree up top....lot there. Full chip truck. It was definitely broke many moons ago up there. Popped the top about twenty nasty messy limbs up there. top of the trunk was about a foot across. Got shook good, meh. Two eight foot chunks of the top....false crotch chooker strap rig with a fat shackle. About twenty inches of wood now. Switched to a 261c wif a 20 3/8. Dumped one sixteen footer off the back in dirt....we wrapped. Left the last stick standing. Thirty inch dbh.

I have a few eleven and fourteen foot chunks of white pine yard tree to mill up. Thirty eight inch dbh. Limbs to sixteen inch at the collars.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening guys. Cold bug has hit me this time. Sinuses are pounding...

That story was on the news at 6 here. Crazy business for sure.
The stuff that came out my sinuses today would fill a soda can or three. Nasty business these new cold strains!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Roped the other eighty plus...one by one. Is there there another way?....

For pine and spruce I'll rig up a speed line if there are lots of limbs to deal with up top. Even if it's just a speed line to the base of the tree. Rig up ring slings and slide them down 5-10 at a time. If you cut behind the branch collar into the trunk more, that last branch will hinge down slow and pop off once it hits the trunk.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They looked bored. I'm slow...theses two guys are good, real good. Maybe next time.
We did speed lines one day on this really messed up bent over huge pin cherry tree. Rich told them to move the shed the next Monday, I wasn't there, and felled the rest of it that day o_O
Spent two hours doing the double hang overs. Limbs and then was send 300ld chunks down a steep angle....fun stuff riding that mess :rolleyes:

For pine and spruce I'll rig up a speed line if there are lots of limbs to deal with up top. Even if it's just a speed line to the base of the tree. Rig up ring slings and slide them down 5-10 at a time. If you cut behind the branch collar into the trunk more, that last branch will hinge down slow and pop off once it hits the trunk.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They looked bored. I'm slow...theses two guys are good, real good. Maybe next time.
We did speed lines one day on this really messed up bent over huge pin cherry tree. Rich told them to move the shed the next Monday, I wasn't there, and felled the rest of it that day o_O
Spent two hours doing the double hang overs. Limbs and then was send 300ld chunks down a steep angle....fun stuff riding that mess :rolleyes:

Sounds like every residential tree job I've ever worked. Pretty rare to get an "easy" tree. But that's what keeps it interesting and fun. Puzzle trees.

Rural line clearance was mind numbingly boring. Same *s-word different hour for 10-12 hours a day.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
good evening guy's
Crazy%2BCat%2BGIF%2B%25E2%2580%25A2%2BAmazing%2Brussian%2Bblue%2BCat%2Bbreaking%2Bthe%2Brules%2Bplaying%2Bin%2Bpuddles%2Blike%2Ba%2Bdirty%2Bdog.gif
Must have brain damage.
a friend's kid 18 got some work with a old fella
with a tree service.
they left out at 5:00 am with two other guy's.
and the boy asked if he needed to bring anything
to drink or eat.
nope we got plenty the old guy said.
they got to the job at 6:00 and worked non stop
until 12:00
cutting and chipping storm damage.
everyone had a thermos except him.
and he got to drink old sunbaked plastic water bottles he found rolling around in the back of the pickup
tasted awful he said no labels covered in mud.
he asked if they could eat and he said hell it ain't lunch yet.
he was dying he said.
at 2:00 he called break and threw him a greasy
cold sausage biscuit lol
that was lunch he was tired and pissed
and wanted to fight the other guy's for their biscuits lol
or go up to a stranger's house and beg for food.
he made them stop at krogers
on the way home at 7:00
and bought and ate a whole rotisserie chicken in the truck lol
That guys a dik.
Hey Dallas :hello:
The Chihuahua can only handle five or so minutes of it. He'll stand on his back feet or roll over when his feet get cold, then I have to carry him back to the house... stupid dog.
Stupid human. He's got you trained bro
Sounds like every residential tree job I've ever worked. Pretty rare to get an "easy" tree. But that's what keeps it interesting and fun. Puzzle trees.

Rural line clearance was mind numbingly boring. Same *s-word different hour for 10-12 hours a day.

No line clearing. I would die of boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.