Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Simon. I feel that you are correct. I don't have a tractor heavy enough to pull it down. And for what I'd pay for a half dozen ratchet straps, I can likely get the local boom truck tree man to come take the top out of it leaving me a stick to drop. That's post oak and it's still alive. It's some of the best firewood in these parts, takes two years to cure out even split.

Safest way you can is best. Nothing wrong with getting some help when you need it.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks Simon. I feel that you are correct. I don't have a tractor heavy enough to pull it down. And for what I'd pay for a half dozen ratchet straps, I can likely get the local boom truck tree man to come take the top out of it leaving me a stick to drop. That's post oak and it's still alive. It's some of the best firewood in these parts, takes two years to cure out even split.
Getting that thing on the floor without it putting YOU there is what counts i feel. Having a boom truck come in is something I couldn't do so I made use of what i had (winch tractor). Different bit of kit...same result...you are not taking the tree down standing there with the trigger set on a heavy lean damaged tree. Your the feller that has to put his butt on the line, so regardless of any suggestion iv made its what you and someone else right there looking at the tree can see working that matters ! I see that is going to be some "Peachy" burning wood.

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Shame we have the right to bear arms, but not useful explosives. I knew old timers that used to buy dynamite at the hardware store when they needed it. A lot of stumps were cleared that way here back in the day.
I can remember some of my Mom's cousins using Dynamite to blow up Beaver Dams in our woods.
As a young kid, that was the coolest thing I ever seen.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A chain works too. Surely you have chains.......

:)

If hear a scary cracking noise ,it is not unmanly t run like a little girl either .

...and scream like one too. LOL

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.