beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
2:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe your right Chris. The idler gear has a passage from the bottom of the gear housing up to right below the seal. Thats probably where its pushing the fluid from.

Just need to find the bushings.
Well for you and your wallets sake I hope you can find bushings and that it fixes the problem.

Might be worthwhile to give the place in the link a call and ask why they recommend a new pump instead of re-bushing the old one. It could save some time and frustration.

DSS

widebody
Local time
3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I believe your right Chris. The idler gear has a passage from the bottom of the gear housing up to right below the seal. Thats probably where its pushing the fluid from.

Just need to find the bushings.
You'd probably be better off to get them made exactly the right size. Take a good lathe guy about ten minutes. You just buy the bushings rough size. We have a drawer full of them.

05293c9ee92c4df4097bace5f25cc4f1.jpg

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Simon how have you been my friend ,hope you had a Great Christmas and New Year.
Hi Todd and a happy new yr to you...Have been a bit under the weather, but on the mend now. Starting the new year with a cold and bright spell which is very welcome compared to the fog we had for days on end.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Todd and a happy new yr to you...Have been a bit under the weather, but on the mend now. Starting the new year with a cold and bright spell which is very welcome compared to the fog we had for days on end.
Sorry to hear your not 100% my friend,get well soon my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.