Not open for further replies.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My son raised a market lamb his first year in 4H. One word of caution is that they are much more fragile than a hog or a steer. We bought two lambs because they do better with a companion like most animals.

Maybe two weeks in, one of them broke a leg and we had to have it butchered. Not exactly sure how it happened.

My son ended up with a very nice lamb in the end but they are a lot more work than a hog. They need plenty of excercise to muscle up and look good for the fair.

We're definitely not experts in raising them but maybe can give you a few pointers along the way.

I know nothing about them, my father in law will help out a lot and I know the club will. I think they'll really take our daughter under their wings.

My wife's brother showed when he was 9 and ended up winning Jr Showmanship. A few weeks after the fair he was hit and killed while riding his bike in front of the house we are in right now.
Every year since then my wife's family gives a show blanket to the Jr Showmanship winner. They haven't missed a sheep show in 27 years.

My daughter is excited. At our fair the sheep showing isn't near as competitive and way more laid back. (Parents don't get in fights on show day during the sheep show)

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know nothing about them, my father in law will help out a lot and I know the club will. I think they'll really take our daughter under their wings.

My wife's brother showed when he was 9 and ended up winning Jr Showmanship. A few weeks after the fair he was hit and killed while riding his bike in front of the house we are in right now.
Every year since then my wife's family gives a show blanket to the Jr Showmanship winner. They haven't missed a sheep show in 27 years.

My daughter is excited. At our fair the sheep showing isn't near as competitive and way more laid back. (Parents don't get in fights on show day during the sheep show)
Damn...that's sad! Good on your wife's family for doing the blanket thing every year.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got my 661 through Randy ported and freighted to my door for about AUD $1800.00 how does that work Steve,he knows I get a lot of chainsaw gear from the US.Huskies will be cheaper now as well to price match Stihl .

The Stihl dealer here is real prowd of his products as well, I choose not to bother him.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm *frenched this morning. I got something in my eye a couple of nights ago, and its been getting worse. This morning it's almost swelled shut. Waiting on the doctor's office to open....

You been deep fat frying? Better get 'er took care of.

Last edited:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ross, like others have said that's great what your wife's family does.

I've got mixed feelings about 4H, I don't want to compete against big $$$.
Our local fair doesn't have 4H they left and started their own club.

Randy, I really hope all is well with your eye. I'm sure glad your getting it looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.