Not open for further replies.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm *frenched this morning. I got something in my eye a couple of nights ago, and its been getting worse. This morning it's almost swelled shut. Waiting on the doctor's office to open....

Didn't SS warn you about not wearing Saftey glasses at the stump?

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our oldest will be 9 this spring and old enough to show livestock. She's going to be doing sheep this year.

I doubt she will ever do hogs. For bio security reasons mainly.

Also in our area, hogs and steers are extreamly competitive. There are kids showing $60,000 steers and show hogs that run well over a grand.
To me, that's not what 4-H is about and takes all the fun out of it.
My son raised a market lamb his first year in 4H. One word of caution is that they are much more fragile than a hog or a steer. We bought two lambs because they do better with a companion like most animals.

Maybe two weeks in, one of them broke a leg and we had to have it butchered. Not exactly sure how it happened.

My son ended up with a very nice lamb in the end but they are a lot more work than a hog. They need plenty of excercise to muscle up and look good for the fair.

We're definitely not experts in raising them but maybe can give you a few pointers along the way.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm *frenched this morning. I got something in my eye a couple of nights ago, and its been getting worse. This morning it's almost swelled shut. Waiting on the doctor's office to open....
Geeeez Randy you can't catch a break lately. GWS

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That is stuff you don't want to mess with. Get it checked out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.