Not open for further replies.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Dub11 ...here's the bird cooking platter. When I bought the first one, I went on ahead and ordered s couple more. They're damn good 'beer can' bird platters.
View attachment 46416

Now I like that kinda cooker..... I'm assuming it fits on your Weber

The problem that I have with the birds that I grow is that I can hardly get one bird on my Weber. They are to damn big to be able to close the lid.

Next year I'll raise a few extra and send some out to you NSP guys. As long as you guys want to cover the shipping for next day I'll send a fresh off the farm bird.

I'd like to get you and Steves opinion on fresh birds

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The problem that I have with the birds that I grow is that I can hardly get one bird on my Weber. They are to damn big to be able to close the lid.

Next year I'll raise a few extra and send some out to you NSP guys. As long as you guys want to cover the shipping for next day I'll send a fresh off the farm bird.

Weber used to make a ring that would increase the height of their grills, not sure if they still do or not, might be worth looking into maybe.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We raise our own as well. Once you have farm raised pastured birds you'll never want anything else.

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We raise our own as well. Once you have farm raised pastured birds you'll never want anything else.

You got that right. I hated chicken until about 5 years ago.

At the time we were raising layers and I was given a few meat birds. Being a tight ass Dutch boy I couldn't say no to anything free.

8 weeks later..... Yea, some of the best meat ever.
Whatever they call "chicken" in the stores..... that ain't chicken....... I'm thinking it's white slime

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since we're all cooking today, here's one of my gifts. Going through a heat cycle right now. I'm thinking steaks in a couple hours. My electric smoker is a "set it and forget it" kind of thing. I'm gonna need beer for this one
View attachment 46421

If you seal up the firebox you should have a set it and forget it smoker.

Load her up with logs, get your temps regulated and you should get a few hours out of her.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ross, I've always run the rotisserie ring on my Weber Performer, regardless of what I grill. Plenty of height to accommodate anything you can put on it.
IMG_2104.JPG

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, the Bacon Spam thing was an absolute bust, it ain't like either one not one little bit other than the can it come in. Best I can describe it, someone down there at Hormel, got the idea instead of throwing the scraps away on the floor, just put 'em in a can and sell it instead.Yeah, that bad, way past a GFY status, more like someone down there at Hormel needs a good old fashioned ass whoopin', maybe then they'd think before unleashing such a terrible product onto the American public.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now the suck part starts...cleanup duty and getting everything put up. Cooked enough to feed 15 people...wasn't but 6 of us. I do it every time on the over-cooking deal. You'd think I'd learn after doing it for decades on the grill and frying fish...making damn sure everyone leaving tonight has a couple of plates to go.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, the Bacon Spam thing was an absolute bust, it ain't like either one not one little bit other than the can it come in. Best I can describe it, someone down there at Hormel, got the idea instead of throwing the scraps away on the floor, just put 'em in a can and sell it instead.Yeah, that bad, way past a GFY status, more like someone down there at Hormel needs a good old fashioned ass whoopin', maybe then they'd think before unleashing such a terrible product onto the American public.
Lol...!!

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, I just found the best hotel chain ever!!!! Drury Hotels.

@USMC615 your a BL man, this is your place.....

When you check in they giv you a card. It's for supper, and good for three drinks per adult. They serve Bud Light!!!!

Needless to say Bud Light is on tap.... my inlaws don't drink. I'm a good Dutchman and can't see a drink card go to waist.....

Magnumitis

Kevin in Arkansas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, I just found the best hotel chain ever!!!! Drury Hotels.

@USMC615 your a BL man, this is your place.....

When you check in they giv you a card. It's for supper, and good for three drinks per adult. They serve Bud Light!!!!

Needless to say Bud Light is on tap.... my inlaws don't drink. I'm a good Dutchman and can't see a drink card go to waist.....
Pics?

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Weather is starting to take a giant crap for the worse. Freezing rain, turning to snow, cold tomorrow with wind blowing 25 mph gusting 40 to 50! Power lines are not going to be liking it.
It just pored down rain here for about 2hrs. Now it's starting to freeze.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
8:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Merry Christmas my friends.
Welcome to my daughter's sense of humor. She bought elf suits for herself, and her siblings and boyfriends /girlfriends. And made them wear it while opening gifts. The youngest is 17 lol
View attachment 46383
Awesome pic there Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.