GoldMember
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening Kevin how was your day

Hot. But we got er done.

Evening late day at the office. Hot humid M'fer. nice to come home to an A/C house and cool down. While I drank plenty of water and kept sweating, my head still gets hot to the point I have a hard time thinking about the task at hand. Cut one board at completely the wrong angle. Of course it was the most intricate board of the day. Wasn't when I got done with it. Lol
Been there. Particularly when it's this hot outside

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Evening late day at the office. Hot humid M'fer. nice to come home to an A/C house and cool down. While I drank plenty of water and kept sweating, my head still gets hot to the point I have a hard time thinking about the task at hand. Cut one board at completely the wrong angle. Of course it was the most intricate board of the day. Wasn't when I got done with it. Lol
Good morning Steve

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been dragged into a disagreement with a hot water heater. My friend Rudy called this morning with this simple request....

Help me get the water out of this thing so I can change the heating elements.

This "thing" is in a closet....in a closet. And it's 12 years old.....and leaking.

Finally I convinced Rudy that he needed a new water heater....so shopping we go.

Bought a bigger one for less than his 30 gallon was gonna cost. Also had to re-plumb the closet inside the closet for the bigger tank. So got all that stuff loaded in Rudy's truck.....and it refused to start.

Call a tow truck.....and a friend to get us and the stuff we bought back to Rudy's.

Before we get out of town (had to eat ya know) the guy calls from the shop. The truck is fixed.....

Turns out I kicked the fuel pump relay and tripped it.

So.....back at Rudy's.

We wrestle the tank (half full of rusty sludge) out of the closet within a closet. Get the new tank in there just to realize that I got mostly wrong stuff for the plumbing. :(

Pex to cpvc via a sharkbite union then cpvc to the tank.....and it's after 4 pm.
Wow Randy that sounds like a horror story

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been dragged into a disagreement with a hot water heater. My friend Rudy called this morning with this simple request....

Help me get the water out of this thing so I can change the heating elements.

This "thing" is in a closet....in a closet. And it's 12 years old.....and leaking.

Finally I convinced Rudy that he needed a new water heater....so shopping we go.

Bought a bigger one for less than his 30 gallon was gonna cost. Also had to re-plumb the closet inside the closet for the bigger tank. So got all that stuff loaded in Rudy's truck.....and it refused to start.

Call a tow truck.....and a friend to get us and the stuff we bought back to Rudy's.

Before we get out of town (had to eat ya know) the guy calls from the shop. The truck is fixed.....

Turns out I kicked the fuel pump relay and tripped it.

So.....back at Rudy's.

We wrestle the tank (half full of rusty sludge) out of the closet within a closet. Get the new tank in there just to realize that I got mostly wrong stuff for the plumbing. :(

Pex to cpvc via a sharkbite union then cpvc to the tank.....and it's after 4 pm.

Sounds like my house. Bought a bigger Water heater only to find out it would fit between the vanity and toilet. Had to pick it up side way by my self. Next time I'm burning the house down

Status
Not open for further replies.