Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been dragged into a disagreement with a hot water heater. My friend Rudy called this morning with this simple request....

Help me get the water out of this thing so I can change the heating elements.

This "thing" is in a closet....in a closet. And it's 12 years old.....and leaking.

Finally I convinced Rudy that he needed a new water heater....so shopping we go.

Bought a bigger one for less than his 30 gallon was gonna cost. Also had to re-plumb the closet inside the closet for the bigger tank. So got all that stuff loaded in Rudy's truck.....and it refused to start.

Call a tow truck.....and a friend to get us and the stuff we bought back to Rudy's.

Before we get out of town (had to eat ya know) the guy calls from the shop. The truck is fixed.....

Turns out I kicked the fuel pump relay and tripped it.

So.....back at Rudy's.

We wrestle the tank (half full of rusty sludge) out of the closet within a closet. Get the new tank in there just to realize that I got mostly wrong stuff for the plumbing. :(

Pex to cpvc via a sharkbite union then cpvc to the tank.....and it's after 4 pm.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been dragged into a disagreement with a hot water heater. My friend Rudy called this morning with this simple request....

This "thing" is in a closet....in a closet. And it's 12 years old.....and leaking.

Finally I convinced Rudy that he needed a new water heater....so shopping we go.

Bought a bigger one for less than his 30 gallon was gonna cost. Also had to re-plumb the closet inside the closet for the bigger tank. So got all that stuff loaded in Rudy's truck.....and it refused to start.

Call a tow truck.....and a friend to get us and the stuff we bought back to Rudy's.

Before we get out of town (had to eat ya know) the guy calls from the shop. The truck is fixed.....

So.....back at Rudy's.

We wrestle the tank (half full of rusty sludge) out of the closet within a closet. Get the new tank in there just to realize that I got mostly wrong stuff for the plumbing. :(

Pex to cpvc via a sharkbite union then cpvc to the tank.....and it's after 4 pm.
evening randy hows you and must been a ford

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So.....back at Rudy's.

So you spent a lot of time today in a closet, within a closet?

Any pics to share?

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So the "manager" brought in this older chatterbox a few months ago to assemble equipment. The guy would be lucky to find his own ass with both hands.

Here is an example of his work.View attachment 77154This guy routinely over tensions chains (blades), and he has put out MS311's with 325 063 bars wearing 3/8 050 chain.....his favorite repair tool is a can of carb cleaner.
What s *pretty boy

Status
Not open for further replies.