Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably just me , but the OEM feels like it struggles especially when it's a cold start.

Am is just a copy of the OEM so unless there is a bunch of wear. the newer version is a bit better in my opinion than the ones with the little square sticker on them. I usually lube up the pulley and shaft so there's no binding friction to overcome. Full synthetic two stoke oil does allow easier cold starts as does putting the saw in a warm spot. In the winter time here you can just about forget it without a compression release, which is your best option. If there is a hole in your cylinder for it put one in.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Weight room
If I take my OEM starter cover into or anywhere near my son's Olympic weights I feel sure it would get busted for sure!
I never said That I couldnt pull it, I could yank it into pieces probably. Hell me pulling it against the compression is what concerns me. I don't want to tear it apart .
But now that you mention it I could use a little tune up...

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If I take my OEM starter cover into or anywhere near my son's Olympic weights I feel sure it would get busted for sure!
I never said That I couldnt pull it, I could yank it into pieces probably. Hell me pulling it against the compression is what concerns me. I don't want to tear it apart .
But now that you mention it I could use a little tune up...
Does it have a decomp?

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Am is just a copy of the OEM so unless there is a bunch of wear. the newer version is a bit better in my opinion than the ones with the little square sticker on them. I usually lube up the pulley and shaft so there's no binding friction to overcome. Full synthetic two stoke oil does allow easier cold starts as does putting the saw in a warm spot. In the winter time here you can just about forget it without a compression release, which is your best option. If there is a hole in your cylinder for it put one in.
No it didn't come with a decomp , not sure about the sticker but it's definitely older than my other one never had it apart so I don't know if it's been"adjusted" for all I know the timing has been advanced appears to be an OEM cylinder but it runs significantly better than my other which is no slouch. I do run synthetic in em all, and it's primarily when well below freezing and a cold start that creates the feeling that I am going to pull the starter apart.
Probably a non issue , but I would like some new plastic to make it shiny since it runs pretty good...

Status
Not open for further replies.