Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone had any luck with an aftermarket starter cover? I would like to try one but the saw that needs it doesn't have a decomp and the OEM unit feels like it will come apart because it has so much compression, but I would like to get some new plastic to make it look as good as it runs...
I guess it didn't attach to y'alls post, it's a 288..

Some of the plastic parts coming out now a days is really good, have not messed with one for a 288, 272's hold up well, first thing I do is change the rope with some good stuff. As far as holding up to the high compression???

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
16 is way to small for that saw jake and i wont help you do something to get you hurt
I agree get you some chaps and go down to the sawmill get you a cant and strap it to some sawhorses and start practicing your race chain filing . You look like you got a good saw now just put the rest of the package together...

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone had any luck with an aftermarket starter cover? I would like to try one but the saw that needs it doesn't have a decomp and the OEM unit feels like it will come apart because it has so much compression, but I would like to get some new plastic to make it look as good as it runs...
I guess it didn't attach to y'alls post, it's a 288..
Could put oem guts in an AM cover. Husky starting system is pretty healthy

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Unless I die in my sleep I plan on going out with my boots on, wear 'em every day for work and play.
I do too most of the time. I picked up a ported 261 from Randy's years back and had a new pair of shoes on. Took my shoes and socks off, ran the saw a couple cuts off a stand .

Status
Not open for further replies.