Not open for further replies.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate it. I guess what I was trying to state was saws from a loggers junk pile usually have all the same thing wrong with them. So all the chit that frequently break you've usually got robbed. I try and fix everything i break asap. I don't think I'd ever give a logger much money for his junk saws. Cause they are usually that.... Junk. Not being argumentative at all.
i understand what you are saying here and i know your not trying to offend anyone but the hours you loggers put on saws and the abuse they take are different then someone who just uses for firewood purposes i have a friend who is a logger and doesnt care how pretty the saw is as long as it is dependable once you lose that dependability you are ready for a new saw

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't buy a saw of me. I do keep my saws in as good of shape as anyone you'll find cause it's my livelihood. But in know what they go through every week. 5 to 7 gallons of fuel, pulled on when pinched, sat down abruptly and rough, thrown when your scattering for your life etc. They get beat from the time the start switch is turned on till the time they go in the tool box at quitting time.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1485111571977-1154275251.jpg
I appreciate it. I guess what I was trying to state was saws from a loggers junk pile usually have all the same thing wrong with them. So all the chit that frequently break you've usually got robbed. I try and fix everything i break asap. I don't think I'd ever give a logger much money for his junk saws. Cause they are usually that.... Junk. Not being argumentative at all.
Know what you mean guy bought this from a logger said it just needed tuned up found out they kissed it with a skidder.

expert of nothing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a saw of me. I do keep my saws in as good of shape as anyone you'll find cause it's my livelihood. But in know what they go through every week. 5 to 7 gallons of fuel, pulled on when pinched, sat down abruptly and rough, thrown when your scattering for your life etc. They get beat from the time the start switch is turned on till the time they go in the tool box at quitting time.
Sounds like some women iv'e been with LOL.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes, I have piles upon piles of loggers junk, some looks like it went through a chipper after a skidder ran over it, just wanted to let you know I'm still able to salvage stuff that is still 100% serviceable off of those saws, even if sometimes it's not much, it does help out creating a new working unit and saves a lot of money if you have a little time to spend retrieving them(parts). I don't pay for them so parts are free, might as well use what you have. And I wasn't trying to argue either just trying to help a brother out best I can. Speaking of, my offer stands, you get stuck or uncomfortable with any part of rebuilding a saw for yourself you can send whatever it is to me and I'll do my best to get yo to a place you can take off and run with, no problem. SS

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 51241
Know what you mean guy bought this from a logger said it just needed tuned up found out they kissed it with a skidder.
I had a 660 that got the flywheel side clipped with a skidder tire. Did very minimal damage cosmetically. Ran it for about 3 more months and I just couldn't keep it tuned. Ended up needing a crank. It was about 6 months old when it got clipped. I've still got it, got a crank put in it and it hasn't missed a beat. I still have it and it is a great saw. That's the saw I used in that video I posted the other day.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, I have piles upon piles of loggers junk, some looks like it went through a chipper after a skidder ran over it, just wanted to let you know I'm still able to salvage stuff that is still 100% serviceable off of those saws, even if sometimes it's not much, it does help out creating a new working unit and saves a lot of money if you have a little time to spend retrieving them(parts). I don't pay for them so parts are free, might as well use what you have. And I wasn't trying to argue either just trying to help a brother out best I can. Speaking of, my offer stands, you get stuck or uncomfortable with any part of rebuilding a saw for yourself you can send whatever it is to me and I'll do my best to get yo to a place you can take off and run with, no problem. SS
Mucho appreciation man. I feel bad for guys that buy saws from a logger. Sounds like you know what's up.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother fell trees for around thirty years and never worked on a saw a good tree would buy a powerhead so he had dozens of bars and would trade saws in when they were done or have them fix it I've seen him go through about eight saws a year back then lol i could've saved him a fortune but i was working away most of the time.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wish I would have taken pictures of some of them, some from the guy I like to refer as the dead horse beater, even after being crushed he would take wire from a fence and wrap it around it trying to hold all the parts together, kinda sad really. That said the 2100 I'm building for myself, one half of it was one of those wired up saws. Good thing though as that was the working parts donor that I needed.
Personally I don't pay money for junk saws, I have 'em hanging from the wood shed, people must see 'em or something, think maybe I like 'em and drop off more. The metal man as I like to call him, likes all the scrap metal I can send his way and leaves a big can here for me to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.