Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will dig through my emails when i get a chance and pm it to you I've got like 15000 emails lol

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
487de7564cf035d9acc2baacff70ee40.jpg
is that with putting a new top end on or is the crank case toast?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that base gasket material at the top of the pic or case damage.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry man tear down for that one.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clean the saw real good so you can see any if there is any cracks into the case halves.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hows the topend.
It's really not that bad at all believe it or not. This was given to me. I've got a few cases with good bottom ends. I think I could probably clean one of my cylinders up and build a saw. Hmm, to be honest I think all I need is a piston I think I have about 2 of everything else.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never split a saw what all is actually needed to do that? How much of a PITA is it. I usually just sell my wore out saws and get another. But I did aquire a whole mess of parts from a logger friend of mine that switched from 660s to 661s and 461s.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's really not that bad at all believe it or not. This was given to me. I've got a few cases with good bottom ends. I think I could probably clean one of my cylinders up and build a saw. Hmm, to be honest I think all I need is a piston I think I have about 2 of everything else.
That's good i know some fallers that just have one saw and that's their livelihood.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never split a saw what all is actually needed to do that? How much of a PITA is it. I usually just sell my wore out saws and get another. But I did aquire a whole mess of parts from a logger friend of mine that switched from 660s to 661s and 461s.
Pressure wash the piss out of it get some good lighting and everyone here will help you may need a splitter for those can't remember.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dibz

lol heat , a pin punch and a hammer will work i made a splitter a couple years ago looks like the one you can buy

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's good i know some fallers that just have one saw and that's their livelihood.
I try to always have 2 good saws, and a heap of parts. Honestly they really don't break on you to much of you replace the saw every 18-24 months. After you've logged with them that long they are usually ready to retire. Still lots of life left but they could give up at any moment.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pretty simple, the first time you do one though is pretty daunting.

I like the Husky style splitters. But you can make a simple splitter with a piece of flat stock, a torch and a pulley pullers.

For putting bearings in I prefer heating the cases in a oven (I've got a pizza oven in my shop) over a heat gun

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If nothing else, save the crankshaft, you could put it in a Chinese case and still have a good saw for not a lot of money. I recently did this with an 036 and it turned out quite well actually. Better fixed and running than sitting in the bone pile.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If nothing else, save the crankshaft, you could put it in a Chinese case and still have a good saw for not a lot of money. I recently did this with an 036 and it turned out quite well actually. Better fixed and running than sitting in the bone pile.
Yep I won't get rid of anything that's usable still. I'm hoping to get another 661 in the near future and retire my 660 that's in great shape still. I've made a living with that 660 for a few years and I really don't want to destroy it. But if I do o well it's just a saw.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep I won't get rid of anything that's usable still. I'm hoping to get another 661 in the near future and retire my 660 that's in great shape still. I've made a living with that 660 for a few years and I really don't want to destroy it. But if I do o well it's just a saw.

Some loggers here try to stick with a model so the bone pile can help service running saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.