Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We didnt get much rain here just wind.
We have a lot of power lines down. some areas of Savannah will be out of power for at least a week.
Just a mile away an island is 95% without power . Trees and power poles blocking the streets hamper the repair crews. The road and power lines to it are fine .
We have so many large trees in southeast Georgia that when one falls it takes a crew to move it.
Pine trees over 40" at the stump that stay thick all the way up.
Oak trees 48" at the stump are very common. The live oaks have branches that are 30"+
Just getting enough trucks to carry the loads away to get power crews in is tough.

Add the water damage inland with the debris washed up blocking and destroying the roads makes getting help in hard.
Now with the ILA strike starting the people are going to be stressed for food, fuel etc.
Savannah is a high volume port with plenty of truckers to move it but right now our supermarket shelves are getting bare.Last night we went to 2 markets where the fruit and produce sections were completly bare. Lots of bare areas in all sections, cereal canned goods and frozen foods are not getting restocked. Beer is in very very short supply.
People are not flocking to the stores overloading the stores now but as they eat up what is thawing out in their freezers they will be at the stores.

All this is going on here at the edge of the storms path, people in the middle are really in much wore shape.
The rural people will work together for a while helping each other but the urban areas are starting to get angry.
Fights in gas lines have started in at least 3 stores that i personally know of.

Government needs to step up and get the ports open and support law enforcement.
Other power companies have stepped up sending out of state crews in to help.
I have a friend here in the spare room right now because her power will be out for a few more days.
This situation is bigger than the news/ government is saying right now.
The next few days are going to get rough for a lot of people, pray for them.
In my little area we are very lucky but just an hour away there is half a state in trouble.
I've been praying for everybody from Florida all the way up since Thursday.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got back from driving about 60 miles north and some of the sloughs and ponds already had a skimmer of ice on them

We will probably have some warmer days in October but all in all, it is looking like an early winter

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy fellas. Planted 3 trees in the yard tonight. Rescued them from the sand mine I was working at today - we were just going to tear them out with the excavator to remove more over burden. My boys helped and they thought that was pretty cool.

greystone mountain man

Super OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy fellas. Planted 3 trees in the yard tonight. Rescued them from the sand mine I was working at today - we were just going to tear them out with the excavator to remove more over burden. My boys helped and they thought that was pretty cool.
Isn't there a saying on here pics or it didn't happen

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Here’s a couple of the trees I rescued. It got dark shortly after we planted them, so no pics of that.View attachment 435628View attachment 435629

I remember when they called that, transplanting trees.

Sad George Carlin ain't around anymore.