Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
it's raining, so I'll have to change the plans a bit. Shopping list for tomorrow!

Post some pictures of your tractors sometime.
Yes, I need to be able to get pictures made and post.
My father passed away in 2011, so his tractor will be safe to drive and functional.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always have a couple. Deer have been a plenty, even spotted ones. Velvet is comming off a little too.
Really? They won't rub the velvet off until late August/ early September here.
Maybe the buck Larry saw bumped his antler on something and tore the velvet? I agree with Ed, way too early to be shedding velvet.

greystone mountain man

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning ladies and gentlemen,
it's raining, so I'll have to change the plans a bit. Shopping list for tomorrow!

Yes, I need to be able to get pictures made and post.
My father passed away in 2011, so his tractor will be safe to drive and functional.
I wouldn't know how to operate a safe and functional tractor lol everybody around here just pieces them together and hopes for the best.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't know how to operate a safe and functional tractor lol everybody around here just pieces them together and hopes for the best.
When I bought the farm after Dad passed away, I used his Ford for a year, brakes on one wheel, steep hills, 9.5mm chain, and ice, luck is what saved me, and not once.

That's what made me put $28k in the MF. I have come so far in the tractor project that lights, two sensors and two used front tires (480/65x24) are all that remains.
I'll probably sandblast and spray paint all the red eventually, looking forward to that too, putting my years as a car painter and industrial painter back to use.

But I'm going to fix dad's tractor, step by step, the biggest problem will be getting hold of parts, but what you can't get hold of has to be made. I will try to take some pictures as it stands today. It has stopped raining so I will continue on the MF.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score

I feel and understand that comment deeply 🤣

20200920_110022.jpg

Up until last year, the prime mover at my parents house was a '27 McCormick 15-30. My dad has graduated to a '41 Case VC. There is a Cub LoBoy 154 as well, but im pretty sure the blowby coming from the breather exceeds the amount of exhaust from the muffler.

I bought a subcompact tractor brand new when we got our new property in 2019, and it was weird not having to fight it every time there was work to do.

greystone mountain man

Well-Known OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel and understand that comment deeply 🤣

View attachment 427094

Up until last year, the prime mover at my parents house was a '27 McCormick 15-30. My dad has graduated to a '41 Case VC. There is a Cub LoBoy 154 as well, but im pretty sure the blowby coming from the breather exceeds the amount of exhaust from the muffler.

I bought a subcompact tractor brand new when we got our new property in 2019, and it was weird not having to fight it every time there was work to do.
I've got old ones and new ones and the old ones are easier to piece together lol.i use them more than the new ones.